Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I am still actively searching for my Husband's Uncle Reggie. It has now been confirmed by an elderly relative that he married in Northern Ireland on 19 November 1960. I have created a Facebook posted which has been shared over 2000 times but still no luck in finding him. We think he may be living in Ireland but don't know where. I have contacted over 100 people with the surname Boardman but have not found him. I need to find the marriage certificate from the NI marriage
    See https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/go-groni-online.
    Scroll down to where it says
    "You cannot find civil partnership and more recent birth, death and marriage records online however, if you want to search or view these, you can book an appointment at GRONI's Public Search Room in Belfast or, if you know the details, you can apply online for certificates via the green link below."

Hmm, having followed the links it seems you have to know the bride's name, place of marriage and the date!
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice

I think this is the other child from the 1911 Humphrey/Gorringe/Williams family

HUMPHREY, SIDNEY mmn HUMPHREY - GRO Reference: 1906 J Quarter in TONBRIDGE Volume 02A Page 876

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Jomot1 View Post
    Hi Lorraine, and thanks for the update. This was certainly an interesting thread.

Re Gertrude Alice Humphrey naming her father as Charles and her mother being K Williams, I wondered about the marriage in Tonbrige in 1906 between Kate Humphrey & (same page) Charles Williams.

A Kate Williams aged 42 born Mayfield, Sussex is with husband Charles on the 1911 census in Tonbridge. They claim to have been married 15 years and although the youngest child has the mmn Humphrey I can't find births for the others - including Gertrude born c1900, Faversham or Florence born c1896 Burstow. These births could be interesting though:

GORRINGE, GERTRUDE ALICE mmn HUMPHREY GRO Reference: 1900 M Quarter in FAVERSHAM Volume 02A Page 926
    GORRINGE, FLORENCE mmn HUMPHREY GRO Reference: 1896 S Quarter in REIGATE Volume 02A Page 179

In 1901 Kate Gorringe aged 34 born Mayfield, Sussex is with 'Husband' Mark Gorringe and daughters Florence & Gertrude, plus a son named ALBERT born c1891, Tunbridge Wells.

This might be Albert's birth:
    HUMPHREY, ALBERT BENJAMIN (no mmn) GRO Reference: 1891 J Quarter in TUNBRIDGE Volume 02A Page 694
    I have found a marriage for Kate Humphrey to Charles Williams on 25 August 1906. So Gertrude may well have named him as her Father on her marriage certificate as she may have considered him to be her Father or as her Step Father, He may have raised her as his own.

She probably did have a brother named Albert born in 1891 to Kate Humphrey and Mark Gorringe. I can still find no link though to an older Albert Humphrey or Adelaide Marjorie Humphrey.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234