Starting to feel at home

Default Rose Mary Malone - Midwife

Hello,

I am trying to trace Rose Mary Malone who was a midwife.
    In 1935 she was working as a midwife in St Johns Wood and living at 54 Wellington Road, St Johns Wood. She was enrolled as a midwife on 23 Feb 1931 according to "UK, The Midwives Roll 1904 -1959".
    The 1939 record shows her as a Ward Sister, The County Hospital, Pembury, Tonbridge, Kent and her date of birth as 7th December 1903.
    The 1944 Midwives roll she is still working at Pembury Hospital.
    In the September quarter of 1947 she marries Gerald Bertram Knight (1913 - 1973). Her death is registered in Tunbridge Wells, Kent date of death 9 Jan 1973. Her date of birth is given as 7th December 1904.

I know I should order her marriage certificate to establish her father's name and occupation but are there any other records I can look at to establish where she was born and what she did before 1931? There is some thought that she may have been Irish. Are there any nursing training records so I can find out where she qualified?

Any help appreciated.

Reputation beyond repute

I know I should order her marriage certificate to establish her father's name and occupation
    Agreed. How will you be able to identify the right birth without knowing her father's details?

The 1911 census has only one Rose Malone born 1903-1905 in Leeds. Father's William, a Foundry Lab, born Leeds abt 1861. 6 siblings and mother, Rose in the household. HOWEVER, as Peter says, you need that birth cert to be sure she's the right one. She could have been born in Ireland, or even Scotland, neither of which are included in the basic search I did.

FreeBMD has this Rose b. Sept Quarter of 1904 in 1904 and Rose Agnes M b. Marylebone in Dec Quarter.

Famous for offering help & advice

There is a tree on Ancestry with Rose Mary & Gerald. It doesn’t show any certs but states she was born in Ireland,father Patrick.

Starting to feel at home

Hello,

I now have sight of the marriage certificate. They were married on 16th August 1947. She was 43 and he was 34 years old. The brides father was Patrick Malone, Farmer.
    Further nursing records have now revealed that a nurse Rose Mary Malone became a nurse 28 March 1930 at Bermondsey & Rotherhithe Hospital London, by examination 1927 - 1930.
    She stated her home address as:
    Carricklane, Inniskeen, Co. Monaghan. Irish Free state.
    I think the 1911 census for Patrick Malone his wife Anne, and daughters Rose 7, Anne 6, Kate 4, Bridget 3 and baby Maggie is the correct family.
    Thank you to all who tried to help.