blueyeshorlicks

Default Families of Solicitors, Lawyers or Proctors

I’m trying to find a family link to the Jeremiah family who practiced Law in Madras India. There was G.G Jeremiah early 1800’s then John Jeremiah his brother? Then James Henry Conran Jeremiah.....I’ve read all their Wills/Probate this weekend on the free ‘Findmypast’ website.....but I’m trying to find out whether my 5x great grandmother Jane Jeremiah 28th September 1765 is Linked to these Madras Jeremiah’s. She was born a lot earlier and her husband George Humphrys 1764 and sons George & Josiah Humphrys were all Lawyers at Church Yard Court (Inns of Court)......
    It says she’s from Dulwich in her marriage announcement...could she be related to these Madras Jeremiah’s?
    Can’t find her parents (I’ve made a guess at a John Jeremiah and his Father Edward Jeremiah (his wife’s name is Drake, unusual) but this connection is vague/dangerous, no proof!
    Also still can’t find her husband's parents George Humphrys. Read ‘Secretive Humphrys’ thread from a few years ago....

blueyeshorlicks

Default More info on Jeremiah’s

Look what I found, but still can’t go back before Anthony John Jeremiah 1759

https://dentfamlinx.
    1apps.com/trees/jeremiah.htm
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 07-09-2018 at 8:12 PM. Reason: Link broken according to our rules. Copy paste to your browser to use