Valued member of Brit-Gen barbara lee's Avatar

Default Naval magazine with obituaries 1975?

Does anyone know if there was a magazine or official Naval journal that published obituaries (and photos!) of deceased Naval Officers in the 1970s?
    The man I'd like to see a picture of is Alexander Walter Richards, born 1910, Commander in the Service and Supply Branch RN, OBE and winner of the Gedge medal in 1931 (It was for top marks in his accountancy exams). He died a bachelor on 29th January 1975 and was then living at South Parade, Southsea. I have all his usual info about parents and so on (he was a distant cousin of my mother), I have his probate, but I'd really like to see a picture of him and suspect an obituary might be my best bet.
    Is there a likely publication and where might I access it?
    Barbara

Knowledgeable and helpful

You could try the Royal Naval Association. The website lists a Portsmouth branch with contact details.

Peter

Still looking for a picture of Alexander Walter Richards. I am still working on the leads suggested above, and I have a his death notices from a Portsmouth newspaper, but no photo.
    I see there is a record from him on the Forces War Records database, dated 1946 (the date he was promoted to Commander.) I'm not asking for anyone to breach copyright, but I will buy a month's sub to FWR to access the record if I know that there is a photo in there. Anyone like to give me a hint? I have most of his basic service details from other sources.
    Thanks, Barbara

Hi Barbara
    The 1946 record doesn't have a photo. It is in reference to his OBE and the source is The Royal Navy List of Retired Officers July 1967 (covers 1897-1967)
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Thank you Christina
    B