Growing old Disgracefully

Default Who do You think you are last night

Who do you think you are last night Robert "Judge" Rinder was the best so far that I have seen.
    I won't spoil it for you all that haven't seen it yet.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I like Rob, so look forward to his programme.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

I saw the first 5 mins, it gripped me, then a visitor called. I'll watch it later.
    Alma

It really was very good. His lack of information made me realise that My own father only told us the funny bits about his war. and it wasn't until I saw what he had written for his own obituary that I realised just how much it had affected him. We never realised because he was such a darned good actor
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

I echo Ladykis' comments. My father rarely spoke about the War(WW2). All he mentioined were the funny times in Italy.
    It wasn't until I saw a program on TV,called 'Tankies:Tank Heroes of WW2', that I saw my father in a newsreel, with his crew, in El Alemein, when Winston Churchill made a visit.

My father was not a 'Tankie', but was in the R.A. I took this photo from the TV screen.

Robert Rinder's story was so tragic, and uplifting. Very mixed emotions, indeed.

Steve.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.