Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

This is the info from burials online.

1949/May 30 / James Hurst/ Age: 5hrs/ Infant/ Address:18 Aqueduct St/ Parish: Manchester

Growing old Disgracefully

I found 4 children that would have been brothers and sisters to my mum that died a birth that no one new about. The 5 children that lived new nothing because they where children when they where born and to them mother was ill again, the girls had a very hard life as when mum was ill they had to do the housework.
    If you know mothers maiden name ask when you order the certificates ask for cross reference for the MMN and tell them you only want certificates with that name. they will charge you but if its not the right one they refund the money

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by pat fowles View Post
    This is the info from burials online.

1949/May 30 / James Hurst/ Age: 5hrs/ Infant/ Address:18 Aqueduct St/ Parish: Manchester
    This is definitely not the twin of Thomas because Thomas's birth was registered in the December quarter.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

i should have a birth certificate soon for James M in 4 days from GRO Thomas William was born 19th Dec 1949 in Hope Hospital Salford Manchester

Starting to feel at home

Shame hospitals din't tell you back then i found a link who help you find children your looking for who you don't know where there buried or cremated hopefully it will help others like me searching they help you for free

https://www.brieflives-remembered.co.uk/

Starting to feel at home

Iv'e also message FOI will see if i get any information back in 20 days for my request

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    I found 4 children that would have been brothers and sisters to my mum that died a birth that no one new about. The 5 children that lived new nothing because they where children when they where born and to them mother was ill again, the girls had a very hard life as when mum was ill they had to do the housework.
    If you know mothers maiden name ask when you order the certificates ask for cross reference for the MMN and tell them you only want certificates with that name. they will charge you but if its not the right one they refund the money
    Iv'e requested a birth certificate off the GRO i should have it before 13th Aug i have also sent a message to FOI about any info they have regarding where James was buried hopefully some news in 20 days.

And also contacted a search site who find children who passed and buried where parents don't know has a long waiting list tho but i should hear about my request in 24-48hrs.

Hopefully in the next 20 days - 6 months some good news from either of the ones iv'e contacted

Quote Originally Posted by jen1302 View Post
    Iv'e requested a birth certificate off the GRO i should have it before 13th Aug
    When you ordered the birth certificate for James, exactly what details did you give the GRO? i.e. name of child, names of parents, registration district, volume and page numbers, year and quarter in which born, etc

Pam

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    When you ordered the birth certificate for James, exactly what details did you give the GRO? i.e. name of child, names of parents, registration district, volume and page numbers, year and quarter in which born, etc

Pam
    I gave them his name, parents name, mothers maiden name, Date of birth & place of birth as dint know his volume and page numbers and quarter in which born so hopefully they find a birth certificate.

Iv'e had no call or email or a refund off GRO saying they cant find it so hopefully a birth cert soon and i can then look into a death cert

I have to say that I will be surprised if the GRO find a birth certificate for James because there doesn't seem to be one in the GRO Index.
    Just pleased that you didn't quote a GRO reference with volume and page numbers.

Pam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast