Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thomas Spencer

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello,

Yes it seams my adopted sir name Redman suffers from the same issue, our Redman line is not descended from the Redmans of levens which one was a knight and high sheriff. there was also a arch bishop Redman however no relation. i am guessing this is common? i can display the Chadbourne coat since Lord Thomas Chadborne is in Patience Chadbornes line. sadly in my Spencer line, both Males ( my uncles ) have passed leaving one surviving child which is my aunt for DNA which she did take the Ancestory DNA test. her numbers are almost a mirrior of mine.

Starting to feel at home

Default Re: DNA Options

Hi!

Well here's an Idea, re: getting some DNA confirmation on your Spencers. What you need to do, is a little more "detective" work. Since you have no Spencer last-named Males to take the yDNA test for surname "markers" so can see if your guy ends-up grouping you w/ the Thomas/Patience Spencer clan, you need to go back a bit in time.

What you do, is trace your line backwards, say to, first, your mom's SPENCER Father, to see how many Male brothers she had. If they are all deceased---if they have sons or grandsons--THEY can take the Spencer yDNA test. If there are No males descended from your mom's Spencer brothers--just go back 1 more generation, to your mom's Spencer grandpa.

Then you see if HE had any brothers & if so follow down to see if those guys had any sons/grandsons born Spencer that can take the yDNA test. Again, if not--you then go back 1 more generation to your mom's Spencer grandpa's FATHER---check if HE had any brothers--if so--trace down their sons to grandsons to great-grandsons, asking 1 of them to take the yDNA test--AFTER you do an initial contact, befriending them, then a little while down the road, get into the taking DNA subject--i.e.-u don't hit 'em w/the request the moment u make 1st contact!

These descendants will be your "close" Cousins--your mom's brothers' sons are your 1st cousins, your mom's grandpa's sons' descendants are your 2nd cousins, & your mom's great-grandpa's sons' descendants are your 3rd cousins. So hopefully this is an idea that will help you!

Good luck! Vienna

Starting to feel at home

To clear things up, a bit. 1) All the postings on the Spencer surname board at Ancestry, are the same, whether on Ancestry.com, or on Ancestry.co.uk. Same for all the records. You get the same results on either site--as it's all drawn from their one company database. 2) The Thomas Spencer who went from England to Maine, who was married to Patience Chadbourne is a compltely different Spencer family to that of the 4 bros. Spencers of Bedfordshire & their cousins, the Spencers of Cople. This has been proven by DNA. 3) So the Thomas Spencer, who was 1st Baronet Yarnton, was of the Althorp line, so again, Not the family of Thomas & Patience. For the DNA Results, showing the distinct (unrelated by blood) Spencer families--see: https://www.familytreedna.com/public...frame=yresults Group1-is the 4bros. line, scroll down, until Group19--which is the Spencer group of Thomas & Patience, of Maine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123