Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Holmer View Post
    Hi wimsey,
    Thank you for your reply, am I making the right connection. If so my grandmother would have been Molly’s younger sister Noreen, do you know how the surviving children do?
    Paula
    I don't really know all the details of those surviving children (apart from one who has died). As you can appreciate any who are still alive would be very elderly, since they were born in the 1920's/early 1930's.

Was your grandmother's full name Margaret Noreen Gorman, born July 1904 ? The 1911 census appears to show the Gorman family, headed by Francis, in China with the military - is that correct ?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi,
    Yes this is correct, i knew nothing really about the family history until a couple of years ago and just keep finding more and more all the time. Thank you for your help.

Paula

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default William S. Murray

I have truly stumbled on your thread and thought I might be able to provide some information. I don't have a lot, but I am aware of the four surviving children of William S. Murray and Molly. They are all deceased, the most recent being Charles Murray. Off the top of my head, I believe I have correctly listed the names below in order of birth. I have not delved into this subject for a few years, but with some digging I might come up approximate dates, if they are of use. It appears Evyleen's is listed elsewhere on this thread.
    Evyleen born 1923
    Patricia (Joyce)
    Pamela
    Charles.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Murraymcdo View Post
    I have truly stumbled on your thread and thought I might be able to provide some information. I don't have a lot, but I am aware of the four surviving children of William S. Murray and Molly. They are all deceased, the most recent being Charles Murray. Off the top of my head, I believe I have correctly listed the names below in order of birth. I have not delved into this subject for a few years, but with some digging I might come up approximate dates, if they are of use. It appears Evyleen's is listed elsewhere on this thread.
    Evyleen born 1923
    Patricia (Joyce)
    Pamela
    Charles.
    Thank you for all your help, it is much appreciated.

Paula

Evyleen born 1923
    Patricia (Joyce)
    Pamela
    Charles.
    Hello Murraymcdo
    I started this thread and am grateful for your interest. I have sent you a private message - which you will find under "Notifications" when you log in.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi again, I have checked notifications but sadly the inbox is empty.

Paula

Quote Originally Posted by Holmer View Post
    Hi again, I have checked notifications but sadly the inbox is empty.

Paula
    sorry Paula, I was addressing our new member Murraymcdo

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

whimsy, I did reply to your private message, however being unfamiliar with the reply format I may have messed it up. I am thinking you may not have received it. Would you mind confirming. I do hope so, as it was detailed.

Thank you

whimsy, I did reply to your private message, however being unfamiliar with the reply format I may have messed it up. I am thinking you may not have received it. Would you mind confirming. I do hope so, as it was detailed.

Thank you

I don't seem to have received it. Sorry if you went to a lot of trouble.
    If its easier, feel free to repeat any information on the open forum, I just wanted to avoid talking about any living people.

Perhaps you tried to send your message to whimsy instead of wimsey.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

It appears i did mess up my reply to your message and could not retrieve it. It was totally my error, I am just sorry it did not reach you.However, some of what I included was with regard to people who are still living. Unfortunately, all of it was from memory, so I cannot cut and paste to this message. I can however, provide you some basic information and maybe we can go from there: I don't have access to exact dates, etc, at the moment, but if you so desire, I can do some digging for you.

Evyleen Nora Murray b. 1923 d. 2005 Canada. She was my mother
    Patricia Josephine (Joyce)(Joyce was a nickname) b. ? d. 2000 UK. Again this is a quick reply I believe her passing was in 2000. Daughter has passed 2 sons still living I believe both in the UK.
    Pamela (I believe you have all of her information) I have met her here on a visit in Canada many years ago also visited with her in France and continued to correspond with her prior to her passing.
    Charles Francis b. ? d. 2017 California, USA. I have met him. His daughter lives in the USA. Have not met, but have been in contact following her father's passing.
    Having met them all at one time or another. I was impressed by their intelligence and personalities. Unfortunately, after the tragedy in Derry, they all experienced difficulties at one time, or another in their lives.

I trust this information is of assistance to you and possibly "Holmer"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast