Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Default 1901 Census Murray children

The Murray children appear to be living with their uncle Charles Boyle in the 1901 census see image at
    https://www.census.nationalarchives.i...treet/1528592/

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    thank you very much for that. The 1922 Murray/O'Gorman marriage record I mentioned at #4 gives William Murray a fairly unusual middle name - Stanislaus.
    For Catholics Stanislaus is not that uncommon a name.

Default Eldest daughter on Ancestry Tree

One online tree by Robin Purves shows the eldest girl as Evyleen Nora Murray born 1923, with husband Roderick Neville McDonald. It has one child marked private. It lists Evyleen's death as 14 SEP 2005 • Halifax, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada again no sources attached.

Famous for offering help & advice

many thanks. I've found Evyleen in a 1946 passenger list ("of Rosemount, Londonderry") and also in "Canada Billion Graves Cemetery Index". Roderick appears to have died in 1958.

Default William Murray marriage Catherine Boyle 1877

The marriage of William Murray son of Patrick Murray, a hotel keeper, and Catherine Boyle daughter of Charles Boyle, a publican, took place in St Eugene's Catholic Church, Londonderry on 11th June 1877. James Doherty and Annie Gallagher were the witnesses. Both parties to the marriage were of full age so 21 or over, so born before the start of civil registration in Ireland, hence no point in looking for birth certificates. You will need to check church records for them but at least they are also online and free.
    See the image of their marriage here
    https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy....34/8077029.pdf

many thanks, I am getting to grips with irishgenealogy.ie, not having used it before. I am finding the birth registrations of the nephews and nieces of that 1901 census, i.e. William & Catherine's children. So far they are giving the full names of their parents as William Joseph Murray and Catherine May Murray, formerly Boyle.

Default Catherine Mary? Boyle

irishgenealogy.ie takes a little getting used to and is a little clunky but it is free!!

I read the mother's name as Catherine Mary Murray nee Boyle on daughter Catherine's birth in 1881. I noted that William was in America at the birth of their first son Charles in September 1879 but he seems not to have stayed long. Here is the link to Charles' birth

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy....05/2029416.pdf

Default Death Catherine Mary Murray nee Boyle 1899?

I found what could be Catherine Mary Murray nee Boyle's death in 1899 but the image is very unclear. I wonder if that is the reason the children are with their uncle in the 1901 census. Here is the link to that death register

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy....97/4640023.pdf

I must have misread Catherine's middle name. The Charles nephew of the 1901 census was born 2 July 1883, so I guess that first Charles died early.

Quote Originally Posted by JNicLiam View Post
    I read the mother's name as Catherine Mary Murray nee Boyle on daughter Catherine's birth in 1881.
    so that 1881-born Catherine is the "Kathleen" of the 1901 census ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast