Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default RENNIE Flobbets, Barthol Chapel, Aberdeenshir

Just joined this site.
    Have been researching my maternal side of the family....'Rennie' (also Rainnie & Rannie) who lived in the same croft 'North Flobbets' just outside Barthol Chapel in the parish of Tarves Aberdeenshire from at least 1790's to 1940's.........anyone who knows of the Rennie folks and the area I would welcome any detail.
    I use British Newspaper Archives; Scotlands People; Scotlands Places; Forces War Records Tarves Heritage Centre FB etc etc.............but any detail helps!
    Thanks
    Derek

Hi again Derek. To avoid having two threads in Introduce Yourself, I have moved this one to the Aberdeenshire forum
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

I don't understand why you are having so much trouble if you are using Scotlands People as most of the useful databases are there.
    However, if you will take a look at the top of our General Scottish forum HERE, you will find a collection of messages about where to look for different sorts of information.
    The Statistical Accounts are very useful - they can now been downloaded as pdfs fro the Internet Archive (HERE, but all of these links are useful.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Lesley,
    Perhaps my thread implied I am having problems with my Rennie family research.
    On the contrary I have had amazing success with it stretching over the years mentioned.
    However there is always some-one out there who may have snippets of information to piece together the never ending jigsaw!
    Each and every ancestor has a tale to tell, however sad or joyous it may be.
    Kind Regards D