Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Loves to help with queries

Oh dear, another door shuts. Thank you to everyone for helping at least eliminate possibilities. Best wishes to you all.

Dundee10

Quote Originally Posted by JandL View Post
    Thomas was described as of New Zealand then, despite being dead.
    Is the reference to NZ written on the certificate? What is the actual wording? Address for Elsie? Witness names? I assume that she didn't give her mother's maiden surname as you haven't mentioned it.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Might the age on the death certificate be incorrect? I see that the informant was her husband but she might not have told the truth about her actual age if she was much older than he, for example. Why not try earlier possibilities of birth? pwholt

Oh dear everyone - when I look closely at the marriage certificate, Elsie's mother was MARGARET EDWARDS (deceased). Where I got Elizabeth from, defies all logic. So very sorry to be wasting people's time. The certificate reads that the bride was born Sunderland, age last birthday 23 (date of marriage 5/11/1927) father Thomas Edgar Williams (deceased) and mother Margaret Edwards (deceased). Truly apologies to all.

Famous for offering help & advice

I still don't see a birth to match in or around Sunderland.

You said that the witnesses were no help - were they members of the grooms family?

Also, what were the names of Elsie's children, just in case she re-used some family names.

The witnesses on the wedding certificate were N Bond and F Carlson, none of whom fit with known family members. Very strong handwriting, probably male I should think. Elsie called her 3 children "Elsie M, Edward P and Joyce A". Edward features strongly in her husband's family. I even looked to see if there was a Sunderland in NZ, thinking maybe she wasn't English at all. Elsie's address on the marriage cert in 1927 just says "Marrickville" . Don't waste any more of your time please, it really seems like a hopeless brickwall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12