Loves to help with queries

Default Henry Adams born 1836 Bridgwater.

Hoping someone can help. Trying to find the birth of Henry Adams who was apparently born in Bridgwater in 1836, the son of Henry Adams and Love Edwards. This info has been taken from his marriage cert in Australia in 1865 when he married Ellen Marie Roach. Henry senior was a soldier - ( possibly Scots Fusiliers). Also - cannot find any marriage for Henry Snr and Love Edwards. Hoping to hear. Thanks. Jeddah.

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

https://www.archersoftware.co.uk/igi/
    A few Adams entries but none for Henry.May have been born in nearby parish,Parloc shows 23 within 5 mile radius.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hi Jeddah, I could not find anything in and around Somerset, it would seem funny that a west country lad would be in a Scotch Regiment, there is one Henry Adams in the 1851 Census Somerset aged 13 Pauper no sign of a parent, and where born it is written "cant say".

My Nan was an orphan, but we only found out a few months ago by having a DNA test, before that she made up wonderful stories of her past, name and parents so we were convinced of the stories she told, I can give you the Census info if you want it. Robert

Loves to help with queries

Hi Robert,
    thanks for that. Shall look up the census record. If I have any trouble finding it, shall get back to you. Once again, thanks. Jeddah.