Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Silly me. I forgot about that custom. I haven't seen a woman go by Mrs. (Husband's first name) since about 1985! Thank you for pointing that out.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I am looking to contact the woman with username PearlStringer. I read this entire post and one of the families you are speaking on is mine as well. The group that came from Bermuda to NJ with Marion Scott (Easton - she married) with children and her son Robert Easton 5 years old at the time is my great grandfather. I often heard of these names and the original story of a caucasian women from England that came to Bermuda and met a man and had children was definitely the story from my grandfather who I grew up with. He is 84 and still living. I will check the forum for any reply. I would like to speak to PearlStringer (username). Thanks!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi, Aeaston,

I private messaged you.

Greeting PearlStringer...I happen to catch this post and see that you are looking for Scott from Bermuda family ancestors...I may have some info on that...John "Sidney" O'Blenis and Eleanor Scott from Paterson NJ - are my great grandparents from their 2nd son, Sidney, Albert's brother. The Scott's made several trips to the US via Ellis Island circa 1909-1910. I think a surname you might want to investigate for this line is Parker not Scott. I'll need to confirm with my grandfather but the way I understand it was, Eleanore Scott, nee Parker, married Charles Scott and begat Eleanor Scott. Eleanor's sister "Maggie" was actually married to John Sidney's brother Everett O'Blenis at one point as well. I'll have to dig out my papers and give my grandfather a call to confirm but I that is what think happened.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by stone.turtle View Post
    Greeting PearlStringer...I happen to catch this post and see that you are looking for Scott from Bermuda family ancestors...I may have some info on that...John "Sidney" O'Blenis and Eleanor Scott from Paterson NJ - are my great grandparents from their 2nd son, Sidney, Albert's brother. The Scott's made several trips to the US via Ellis Island circa 1909-1910. I think a surname you might want to investigate for this line is Parker not Scott. I'll need to confirm with my grandfather but the way I understand it was, Eleanore Scott, nee Parker, married Charles Scott and begat Eleanor Scott. Eleanor's sister "Maggie" was actually married to John Sidney's brother Everett O'Blenis at one point as well. I'll have to dig out my papers and give my grandfather a call to confirm but I that is what think happened.
    Hi Stone.turtle, thank you for your information! I am aware of this (courtesy of my 4th or 5th cousin Tony, who was a huge help with this story). I've seen the ship records of the Scotts going to New Jersey. One says that Stuart is the head of the family group, and that one of the women, Mrs.--- I can't remember her name) was Stuart's sister. It's possible that she was not my ancestor's daughter by Sam, though. My cousin hadn't heard of her. My ancestor was the mother of Charles and Stuart Scott. They seem to have adopted her surname ; I do not know their father's surname (Sam).

If you find out any further information, I'd be most appreciative. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlStringer View Post
    My ancestor was the mother of Charles and Stuart Scott. They seem to have adopted her surname ; I do not know their father's surname (Sam).

If you find out any further information, I'd be most appreciative. Thank you.
    I don't recall hearing the name Stuart but I do know that my 4th or 5th great grandfather is Samuel Scott. My grandfather knows a great deal about the progeny of the family. I’ll be sure to ask him directly about these ancestors and will reply back with what I can find out. -ISO

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi,
    Marion is Stuart's sister. I believe the Lou name you are looking for was cut short as Marion's middle name was Louise. She is my great great grandmother. Originally a Scoot, then married William Easton, then married Walter Davis later on. I had found some old newspaper articles that shows she hung around Oblenis as they were part of a women's group in NJ.I am also in contact with some Easton cousins I found in Bermuda and they know some family members of the Scott's in Bermuda. Currently trying to find out about her parents through birth certificate etc, maybe they can help over there. Sam Scott is believed to be her father, just looking to confirm her mother info to be sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12