Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default WISE family of HORSINGTON and FREISTON

Hello everyone.

My name is Chris and I live in Yorkshire. I have been researching our family tree - in all directions - for some 30 years but am stuck with my WISE ancestors in Lincolnshire. I cannot find the birth of my GGGG Grandfather Joseph Wise married to Elizabeth Bowring 10th Jan 1776 in Horsington. My other interest is tracing the WWI service of my Grandfather Arthur Wise of the Yorkshire Hussars.

Kind Regards
    Chris

Hi Chris welcome to the British-Genealogy forums

It would probably be better if you posted your query about Joseph Wise on the Lincolnshire forum giving us all the information you have for him. Any census records, children etc then post about your Grandfather Arthur wise on the WW1 forum again giving all the information you have for him - parents, wife if married at time of serving. where and when born etc. Posts in the relevant forums attract the attention of members who possibly have more expertise in particular areas
    Good Luck
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Thanks

Many thanks Christanel. I appreciate your advice. Chris

Famous for offering help & advice

Have you already ruled out the Joseph Wise baptised 24 Mar 1741 at St Swithin, Lincoln, the illegitimate child of Ann Wise, widow?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks for the note. No I've not ruled him out. But I've no evidence to rule him in either. Having said that it could be worth having a look to see if I can trace this Joseph further. Thanks.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default WISE family of HORSINGTON and FREISTON

Hi,
    I am looking for the birth of my GGGG Grandfather Joseph Wise who married Elizabeth Bowring 10th Jan 1776 in Horsington. They had children: Daniel born Horsington in 1776, William born Horsington in 1778, Mary born Horsington in 1778, Robert born Horsington in 1781, William born Horsington in 1785 & Elizabeth born Horsington in 1788. Daniel subsequently moved to Freiston, Lincs.
    I would be interested in hearing from anyone related to this family or who might have a clue as to Joseph's birth.
    Thanks

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Chris,

Duplicate threads about a person or families can lead to wasted time because of duplicate research so I've moved your original 'Hello' post to the Lincolnshire forum, and merged your updated request/information about Joseph into it.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”