Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Growing old Disgracefully

Sister Kathleen Irene age 28 born 12 May 1892. Married William Wade Davies age 23, 28 June 1920 Moulmein, Bengal

died May 1983, Camberwell, London, England.

Wimsey beat me to it lol

Famous for offering help & advice

FamilySearch is giving me mixed messages about where Carew was born. Was it Meopham, Kent, where he was baptised - or somewhere else according to the 1871 and 1881 censuses ?

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    FamilySearch is giving me mixed messages about where Carew was born. Was it Meopham, Kent, where he was baptised - or somewhere else according to the 1871 and 1881 censuses ?
    I got that as well

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    His birth was registered in the Wandsworth registration district so the most likely to be correct is Tooting [Tooting Graveney], which was within the Wandsworth RD. His sister Ada was also registered at Wandsworth.

Baptisms can take place anywhere, but registration must be in the district of birth.

Interesting search this was...

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Delwyn Jay
    My Great-Grandfather was Robert Percy Sanders Barnett one of his brothers was Carew Barnett.
    It would be great to come contact with you, I live in Perth Western Australia.
    Kind regards
    Wyn

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums Wyn

Delwyn Jay has nor been on the BG forums since posting their original request for help on 11 May 2015. If they had set up their email account to receive notification of any replies they should get one detailing your posting.
    Another way to make contact is to send a private message by clicking on the user name then on Private Message in the drop down menu.
    Good luck
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you Christina

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello Delwyn, I was interested to stumble upon your post when researching my Barnett ancestors who apparently owned the Barnett Brothers store in Rangoon, established around 1880. Your great grandfather Carew appears on several of my family trees. Carew was my late mother's great uncle. My mother Cynthia Barnett, was born in Australia 1927 to George, Carew's nephew and was aware of her ancestors having been in Rangoon but not in possession of much other information sadly, I do not think she was aware of Alice. This makes us distant cousins I presume.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Ada was my mother's great aunt and a very interesting person. She was one of appox 8 siblings one of whom was Carew. Their ancestral home was mansion, Kenton Court (no longer standing but on grounds of what is now Kempton Park Racecourse). Their father was a major backer of horses and gunmakers with a royal coat of arms. Ada founded a girls' school, Harecroft in Tunbridge Wells and was a published author writing novels exploring Theosophy. She was a radical for her time, an active member of the BUAV and drove ambulances during WW2.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast