Thread: Strout/Strowte

robert.g.gifford@verizon.

Default Strout/Strowte

Has anyone done research on the Strout name?? My ancestors moved from Egloshayle to Massachusetts about 1660. I am interested in anything that would pertain to the family. The ancestors that I know were Christopher Strout probably son of Anthony Strout. He was born either 1631 or 1655. The name has also been spelled Strowte.

Scottie

Thumbs up Strout in St Mabyn

Quote Originally Posted by robert.g.gifford@verizon.
    Has anyone done research on the Strout name?? My ancestors moved from Egloshayle to Massachusetts about 1660. I am interested in anything that would pertain to the family. The ancestors that I know were Christopher Strout probably son of Anthony Strout. He was born either 1631 or 1655. The name has also been spelled Strowte.
    Hi again Bob,
    I emailed you privately but had not seen this then. I have an Anthony Strout born about 1673 who married Mary Hamley in St Mabyn on 1 Jan 1694/1695. I bet he is related to your Strouts too.

Scottie

Hi Bob,
    Further to my last. I am off on a Strout blitz this afternoon so hope to have many more to add to the DB. I have already found a lot in Egloshayle. I had not done that far back in Egloshayle before. I will get back to you when I have made sense of them all

Terrie Strout

Default strout

I am curious if you found out if christopher was anthony's son?
    If you are still doing the strout line I can send you what I have
    Robert Taylor done a lot of genealogy on the strout family. I beleive he printed a book on them. He also done early familys of limington maine and theres a lot of strout info in that.

Terrie

Scottie

Quote Originally Posted by Terrie Strout
    I am curious if you found out if christopher was anthony's son?
    If you are still doing the strout line I can send you what I have
    Terrie
    Dear Terrie,
    Yes Christopher was christened 12 sep 1631 in Egloshayle and buried there 18 May 1671. His parents were Anthony Strout and Mary Olyver married 23 Jun 1631 in Egloshayle. I would be happy to have any information

Terrie Strout

Default strout

1. Capt. George Strout was born in 1689. He died after October 1782 in CAPE ELIZABETH MAINE.

Second Generation

2. Christopher Strout was born on September 12, 1631 in Egloshayle, Cornwall, England. he died in 1715 in Eastham (Truro), Massachusetts. he was in Fishing Business.

3. Sarah Pike. Christopher Strout and Sarah Pike had the following children:

i. Joanna Strout.
    ii. Mary Strout.
    iii. Sarah Strout.
    iv. Deborah Strout.
    1 v. Capt. George Strout.
    vi. Joseph Strout was born in 1692 in Eastham (Truro), Mass. He died in 1748 in Falmouth, Maine.
    vii. Lydia Strout was born on September 22, 1701 in TRURO MASS.. She died before 1780.
    viii. Anthony Strout was born on March 6, 1704/5 in TRURO MASS..

Third Generation

4. Anthony Strout was born about 1600. He died WFT Est 1634-1691. Anthony Strout and Mary OlyStrout.
    iv. Deborah Strout.
    1 v. Capt. George Strout.
    vi. Joseph Strout was born in 1692 in Eastham (Truro), Mass. He died in 1748 in Falmouth, Maine.
    vii. Lydia Strout was born on September 22, 1701 in TRURO MASS.. She died before 1780.
    viii. Anthony Strout was born on March 6, 1704/5 in TRURO MASS..

Are you sure he was burried there? my records say he's burried in Massachusetts? Theres a lot of debate right now on the strout messageboard either ancestry or roots web that is debating his parentage.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I was doing research myself and was wondering if anyone's been able to trace it back farther than Anthony Strout (Strowte)? Also, did "Strout" evolve from Strowte, Strowde, Stroud, Stoode, or Strode?

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Jeff.
    Unfortunately, the only active member (apart from yourself) on this thread is (theoretically)the original poster who joined in 2005, sent that one post and has not been seen since... If he is still using the same email address, he should get a message about your post, but since he didn't come to look at the other answers, I am not hopeful...

I would normally suggest that you could start your own thread and tell us more about your own research, but Terri and Scottie seem to have provided relevant data here, so I suggest that you add your own research to it. That way, anyone aiming to help you will know what has already has been found...