Default Non-military Conscription Records

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone has come across any records for non-military conscription.

I currently working on my grandmother's war years. I know that she was called up by the National Service Act (No.2) in 1941 and was posted to a munitions factory, that's where I hit a brick wall. I know from Newspaper Archives that our ladies were told to report to their local Labour-Exchange (job centre) and of course, there is plenty of information out there with regards to the actual factories and what they produced, but I have yet to find any record linking people to places.

Can anyone help??

Brick wall demolition expert!

I had a good look around the National Archives site but could not see anything obvious. There are research guides covering the Women's
    Land Army and other similar services, but not those that were conscripted into other essential occupations.

I know that my mother effectively had the choice of going to a munitions factory in Coventry or to nurse in a hospital in London. She chose the later, so I gave the Royal College of Nursing records to look at.

It might be worth contacting the National Archives to see if they can help.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi. I'm in the same situation. My gran was in a munitions/ordnance factory during WW2 but I don't know where.
    Did you ever find any records associated with this area of service?
    Thanks

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    Do you know where your your gran was living during WW11 as this may help us find munitions factories in the area.
    I doubt very much that there will be surviving employee records though.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs