Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Jamie Breeks from Flecknoe

I'm looking for information on a Jamie Breeks who lived in Flecknoe in 1894. Can't find anything in any of the online databases.

Growing old Disgracefully

A little bit more information is needed please, unless this is all you have. is this a birth, death or marriage that you have shown us.

Flecknoe is in Warwickshire

Quote Originally Posted by sanger View Post
    I'm looking for information on a Jamie Breeks who lived in Flecknoe in 1894. Can't find anything in any of the online databases.

I also think this could be Janie Breeks the 3rd letter in James looks the same as the 6th letter in Flecknoe.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    A little bit more information is needed please, unless this is all you have. is this a birth, death or marriage that you have shown us.

Flecknoe is in Warwickshire
    The date is none of those. It is name and date on the inside cover of an old photo album my great grandmother brought with her from England. I assume the date is simply when the album was created. We have no information on who any of the people in the album are and thought the figuring out who put it together might be a good start. Breeks is not a common name and Flecknoe is a small town so thought it might be easier but probably not.

Reputation beyond repute

Flecknoe is a small town
    Not even that. It was a hamlet in the parish of Wolfhamcote. Registration district Rugby. Subregistration district Dunchurch

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by sanger View Post
    The date is none of those. It is name and date on the inside cover of an old photo album my great grandmother brought with her from England. I assume the date is simply when the album was created. We have no information on who any of the people in the album are and thought the figuring out who put it together might be a good start. Breeks is not a common name and Flecknoe is a small town so thought it might be easier but probably not.
    When did you great grandmother leave England? Might cut down the search years.

I presume that she wasn't called Jane, and that neither she nor your great grandfather had any sisters or mothers or grandmothers called Jane, either as a first or second name. (I'm saying Jane because I also think it says Janie rather than Jamie.)

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

A fountain of knowledge

The Wayback Machine has an archived website for Wolfhampcote Parish which conains some history and photos of Flecknoe. (click on blue link)
    Last edited by macwil; 10-04-2018 at 4:38 PM. Reason: correction of spelling of parish name

Famous for offering help & advice

In 1891 there is a Jane Brooks aged 19 (1872) & born Flecknoe working as a servant to Zachariah Ellard & family at Sawbridge.

In 1881 Jane is with her parents, Samuel & Mary Ann.

Jane married Benjamin Newman Smith at Wolfhamcote in 1900, giving her address as Flecknoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomot1 View Post
    In 1891 there is a Jane Brooks aged 19 (1872) & born Flecknoe working as a servant to Zachariah Ellard & family at Sawbridge.

In 1881 Jane is with her parents, Samuel & Mary Ann.

Jane married Benjamin Newman Smith at Wolfhamcote in 1900, giving her address as Flecknoe.
    I was about to ask Sanger for some background of his great grandmother - her name, where and when she was born, if she's been found on UK records and if so references; after seeing Jomot1's post I think it essential if we are to help further.

Sanger, you will always receive more help from forum members the more information you share regarding your queries. I do realise that new members don't necessarily know this and are oft reluctant to overload us with information, be confident knowing the more we know, the abler we are to help.
    Alma

Thinking along the lines of a Mr. Breeks marrying a Jane ???? in Warkshire.

I found on Family Search 1851 Census.
    Samuel Breeks Head M 38 Navigation Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire. Shoe maker
    Jane Breeks Wife F 40 Nuneaton, Warwickshire.

Same on 61, 71 and 81 but now name is Brooks

that's it all I can find nothing coming up on FreeBMD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast