Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Family Of Annie Rodgers Belfast

I am looking for the family of Annie Rodgers b 1905 in Belfast. She sailed for New Zealand in 1927 on the Ship Ruapehu also on board was her future husband Wiliam Chales Jackson, they married in the Reg Office in Auckland in Oct 1927 Her last address in Ireland was River Road Deerpark Glenarm can any one help me find her parents

You don't have the marriage certificate? The parents details for the bride and groom have been collected since 1881, or in some instances late 1880 so if you are able to get it you should be on a winner.
    I have an appointment now but will see what I can find later. Others may look in too.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

On https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/ there are 8 birth registrations for an Annie Rodgers in Belfast 1804 - 1806.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

The marriage record on NZ BMD's has Annie's surname as Rogers (no d) and William doesn't have the middle name of Charles. registration number 1927/8634
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Knowledgeable and helpful

Glenarm is about 40 miles north of Belfast. I had a look at the 1911 Irish census for Deerpark, Glenarm. The road name River Road didn’t exist in 1911 (street names and house numbers arrived after that in rural Ireland) but I can’t find it today either, suggesting it has been re-named. The general area has 3 townlands named: Deer Park Farms, Deer Park Great & Deer Park Little. (The area was originally hunting land for the Earls of Antrim). Deer Park Little is on the Antrim coast road just south of Glenarm town. The other 2 are up on the top of the moors to the west of that. Deer Park Farms is mostly upland farms and the other two mostly rocky hills and trees.

I don’t see any Ro(d)gers households in any of the townlands so possibly Annie was working there for someone else:

https://www.census.nationalarchives.i...er_Park_Farms/

https://www.census.nationalarchives.i...er_Park_Great/

https://www.census.nationalarchives.i...r_Park_Little/

As has been said already, Annie Rodgers is a very common name in Ireland and we need parents names from the marriage certificate to trace the correct family.
    ELWYN

I think it's River Row (not Road) - the details of Annie's travelling to New Zealand are on FMP.

I checked the Ann/Annie Rodgers on the 1911 Census for Antrim - think there were 4 Annies, no Anns.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    I think it's River Row (not Road) - the details of Annie's travelling to New Zealand are on FMP.

I checked the Ann/Annie Rodgers on the 1911 Census for Antrim - think there were 4 Annies, no Anns.
    I looked for a River Row in Glenarm but don't see one of those in that area today either. Re the 1911 census, part of Belfast is in Co Down so there's a couple more Annies there too.
    ELWYN