Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hi Miguel
    Would you like to post more data on your connection to the Simmonds/Hauer/Jacobs lines. It would be useful for my Simmonds/Jacobs distant cousins to read how you link further to us.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    Hi Miguel
    Would you like to post more data on your connection to the Simmonds/Hauer/Jacobs lines. It would be useful for my Simmonds/Jacobs distant cousins to read how you link further to us.
    Hi,

Yes so this is what I have come up with

Karl Hauer Philips and Micaela Simmonds had 2 kids which are:

Karl Hauer Philips had two others children from two different woman:

Adolfo Peter Hauer Simmonds Codinne
    Reneta Simmonds Codinne (my great grandmothers mom)

Carlos Mario Simmonds Viana, Papaito (Karl other children)

Julia Walteros (Karl other Children)

My great grandmothers mom Reneta Simmonds Codinne married Bartolome Magri Giraldo they had 4 kids:

Antonia Magri Simmonds (my great grand mother married as Guerrero Fernandez)
    Reneta Magri Simmonds (married as Zuniga)
    Otilia Magri Simmonds (married as Infante Bermudez)
    Maria Concepcion Magri Simmons (married as Diazgranados Pumarejo)

Let me know if more would be useful to break it down more.

Do you know anything about the name Codinne?

Hi Miguel
    The surname spelling is often an issue. If you look on JewishGen you won't see the name Codinne but there are a few derivations such as Cadenne;Cudna and there are some comparable names on Ancestry.

I would need to look carefully at your family names and identify their place of origin. It maybe that the name Codinne is a distortion of another last name depending on where the line originated.

The Spanish/South American lines may well have adopted a simplified last name for ease of pronunciation.
    Let me know when the name Codinne first appears in your lines.

Hi Miguel
    Lucrecia,Art and Paul our Simmonds/Jacobs distant cousins have the surname for Micaela as Codina. We know that Carlos was born in Santa Marta as were other children and we need to identify where Micaela was born and what was her correct surname. Do you have any records which confirm who Micaela's parents were? There is no data about her on the Lucrecia, Paul,Art family trees.

Familysearch has numbers of Micaela CODINA from Mexico and Spain but no CODINNE.
    There was a E Coddine age 28 male b 1834 who settled in Victoria Australia but nothing to confirm a relationship to Micaela. Was Micaela born in Colombia?
    More research is needed.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Miguel
    The surname spelling is often an issue. If you look on JewishGen you won't see the name Codinne but there are a few derivations such as Cadenne;Cudna and there are some comparable names on Ancestry.

I would need to look carefully at your family names and identify their place of origin. It maybe that the name Codinne is a distortion of another last name depending on where the line originated.

The Spanish/South American lines may well have adopted a simplified last name for ease of pronunciation.
    Let me know when the name Codinne first appears in your lines.

The name Codinne only appears for Micaela Codinne but I spoke with a family member he's much older than I am he told me he believes the name Codinne could be French. He also mentioned that he cousin is more familiar with the names Simmonds Codinne and its his understanding that many people changed their name Simmonds due to the Jews connection but I will ask him if I can speak with his cousin or if he can find out a bit more about the name Codinne. I believe he might be right about it being French though I did a ancestry DNA test and I have French come up as well as England and I think England comes from my moms side and French must be from my dads side which explains the Codinne.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

So I was just told they believe that Micaela was born in the French Indies in the Caribbean she must have then gone to Colombia and met Karl Hauer Philips or Karl Hauer Philips met Micaela in the French Indies and then they set sail to Colombia where Reneta Simmonds Codinne was born which is my great grand mother.

Looking at the name Codina it appears to be mainly Spanish whereas Codinne is a rare surname.If you look on Ancestry,Findmypast,Familysearch you can see the differences between the two surnames in terms of commonality and rarity.

Does anyone know when/where Micaela died. Am I right in thinking that she was a 3rd wife of Kalman?

Does anyone know what happened to her marriage record?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Looking at the name Codina it appears to be mainly Spanish whereas Codinne is a rare surname.If you look on Ancestry,Findmypast,Familysearch you can see the differences between the two surnames in terms of commonality and rarity.

Does anyone know when/where Micaela died. Am I right in thinking that she was a 3rd wife of Kalman?

Does anyone know what happened to her marriage record?
    You are right in my research he had 3 wives I believe I mentioned that in a post. Im pretty positive we are talking about the same person just that the name spelling is throwing it off a bit. But I don't know when she died or what happened to her marriage record? I can try and find out.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by mvarona92 View Post
    The name Codinne only appears for Micaela Codinne but I spoke with a family member he's much older than I am he told me he believes the name Codinne could be French. He also mentioned that he cousin is more familiar with the names Simmonds Codinne and its his understanding that many people changed their name Simmonds due to the Jews connection but I will ask him if I can speak with his cousin or if he can find out a bit more about the name Codinne. I believe he might be right about it being French though I did a ancestry DNA test and I have French come up as well as England and I think England comes from my moms side and French must be from my dads side which explains the Codinne.

I just looked on myheritage.com and I believe I found it, it says that she was born in Marseille France on November 19 1830

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast