Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Nairn Family-London, UK

Hullo - I am trying to trace the birth parents of Elizabeth NAIRN born about 1781. Her husband was Ithiel (Ethiel) Price of St Dunstan's Church, Stepney, London
    Any help would be great
    Chris Anders
    South Australia

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hello Chris, a warm welcome to Brit-Gen.

There is a possible baptism which can be found on both Ancestry and Findmypast:

Elizabeth NAIRN baptised 25th November 1781 at St Dunstan and All Saints, Stepney. Father, James NAIRN, MEOT, gardener. Mother, Sarah. It looks like Elizabeth was 3 days old.

MEOT is Mile End Old Town.

The Findmypast entry has been mistranscribed as NARIN.

Peter

And a warm welcome from me too

I have moved your post from the Introduce yourself forum, (which is just for doing that) to the London forum where it will attract more attention.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you Peter & Christina - a bit confused Down Under - sorry.
    I found that information about James being the father of Elizabeth - I have guestemated that his father may be Alexander Nairn born c1720
    Further checking on Ancestry shows James Nairn (born 1746) marrying a Sarah Dean in Chalfont St Peter, Bucks in 1780. Daughter Elizabeth born 1 year later in 1781. (a later marriage for James at St Clement Danes was Ann Reed of St Dunstans Parish)
    I have linked James with the family of Alexander Nairn born 1741. Alexander married a Mary Dean (s) who worked for the 6th Earl of Coventry who lived in Pershore, South Worcester.
    Pershore is about 100 miles from Chalfont St Peter - is this a huge jump?
    The Nairn family were connected to the Swallow Street Scotch Church and then to St Dunstans in Stepney where Elizabeth (born 178) married Ithiel PRICE - Clerk of St Dunstans in 1805
    The Price family are strongly connected to the Nairn Family - but is James mine?