Starting to feel at home

Default Picking up the trail again

I have a refernce to the 1891 census as 1891 census RG12; Piece: 4278; Folio: 48; Page: 12 for surnames Norman and Bell. I must have found it at some point but now I can't find it all. Doesn't help I can't remember how to search by page no etc. Can anyone provide a clue??

Hi Freccle, if you are using Ancestry it's no wonder you can't find it, their census reference search for your query isn't working. I found the Bell's without a problem using FMP. The details needed to find it on Ancestry are:

Robert Bell born 1835 Addingham Cumberland, living parish Hunsonby & Winskill.

There are no Normans at that census reference.
    Alma

I found it using the census reference but there was no box for the page number however it brought up the correct page for Bell even though I hadn't entered a name! As Alma says no entry for the surname Norman
    From ancestry's search page I clicked on UK cnsus collection LH side coulumn then on the next page I scrolled down and clicked on 1891 England census from the 'Included data collections' On the next page is where you can enetr the details for the reference numbers but as I said no box for the page number.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

I found it using the census reference but there was no box for the page number however it brought up the correct page for Bell even though I hadn't entered a name!
    I've just tried again and yeeha! success There must have been blip earlier as I tried a couple of times and was presented with hundreds of hits, perhaps Ancestry was working on the database.
    Alma

Starting to feel at home

Thank you everyone. It's amazing how quickly you forget how to do basic searches. Due to family illness I've not looked at my tree for over 12 months and it's almost like starting again. I have my notes and references but no idea how I got them lol!