Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default another mystery in family history please help

this site is amazing! i would be so so happy if you could help me again with this important one...... ok here it goes..... so my mam gillian scott moralee her mam enid mary moralee maiden name is little.
    enids mother is meggie cook maiden name also little... before meggie met jimmy cook she had enid and enid ( my grandma) never ever knew her dad she was never aloud to ask , all she ever knew of him is her mother would tell her if you go to blyth be careful because he might be around there , my grandma enid ended up very depressed lady and unfortunatly died not long ago it would mean the world to us if we could find out who he is ...

so her name was meggie little she had sisters called thomasina lilly and edie and brother robert her daughter enid my grandma was born 1930 i think it was , still trying to get details off my mother but shes at work lol

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Be careful of the names you give. Forum T&Cs forbid names of living people.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Be careful of the names you give. Forum T&Cs forbid names of living people.

Pam
    oh i didnt know that sorry

its just my mother that is living ive mentioned sorry

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hi Vixtoria, You have not given a great deal of info, but below are Possibilities :

Maggie Little born Cumberland 1928, Thomasine Little, there are two, 1917 and 1920 Cumberland, Robert W O Little born 1915 Cumberland and a Enid M Little born 1937 Northumberland, all with the mother maiden name LITTLE.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by maesglas/ssclub View Post
    Hi Vixtoria, You have not given a great deal of info, but below are Possibilities :

Maggie Little born Cumberland 1928, Thomasine Little, there are two, 1917 and 1920 Cumberland, Robert W O Little born 1915 Cumberland and a Enid M Little born 1937 Northumberland, all with the mother maiden name LITTLE.

Robert
    So sorry it’s not a lot of info , what kind of info would be needed ? Thank you for helping me , the Enid you have found is deffo my grandma but the Maggie by can’t be her mother can it ? If Maggie is born 1928 that would of made her 9 when she had Enid haha

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I have found this birth entry
    First name(s) ENID M
    Last name LITTLE
    Birth year 1937
    Birth quarter 1 -
    Mother's last name Little
    District Northumberland Central
    Volume 10B Page 568

Mother Maggie Little married James R Cook in 1944
    Northumberland South q 2 ( April - June) Volume 10B Page number 585

From a record I have found Maggie Little has a date of birth recorded as 30 June 1913

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    I have found this birth entry
    First name(s) ENID M
    Last name LITTLE
    Birth year 1937
    Birth quarter 1 -
    Mother's last name Little
    District Northumberland Central
    Volume 10B Page 568

Mother Maggie Little married James R Cook in 1944
    Northumberland South q 2 ( April - June) Volume 10B Page number 585

From a record I have found Maggie Little has a date of birth recorded as 30 June 1913
    Yay ! That’s them ! �� thanx so much , now I need to find out who Enid’s dad was would make such a emotional happy ending to our family x

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Maybe you need to consider purchasing the birth certificate from this site, however there is no guarantee the father's name has been included.

You could check the records at the local record office and newspapers to see if there is any mention of a Bastardy Order. I am assuming that the mother sought maintenance payments!

www.gro.gov.uk cost £9.25

you have the reference info above

To move back further you should consider getting the marriage certificate ( same site same cost) of Maggie Little to James R Cook, this should show the name of each of their father's. Hopefully family members were witnesses

Let us know how you get on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast