Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: moralee family

Hiya sorry I’m
    So new to this lol I’m so clueless to how to search , ok so he was hanged 1919 at Newcastle he was 28 the people around his time was Bella Moralee ( Isabella) Jon Moralee ... he was a fireman on ships the newspapers say ? And a minor after that in blyth where he met Becky

Oh wow ! This is what we are trying work out ! Family whispers say Bella Isabella lost a child then other people said she had a son ... so she brung up my Granda peter and give peter all these letters from prison , I don’t know where or why he has the name William though ... il ask my Granda bellas birth date etc xx

Dundee10

It really isn't that confusing and you just need to look at your own family.

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    1891, 7, Lowgate. RG12; Piece: 4257; Folio: 45; Page: 17
    James Scott 47
    Isabella Scott 39
    Thomas Scott 21
    John Scott 18
    Annie Scott 17
    James Scott 13
    Robert Scott 7
    William Harland 28
    Matthew Henry King 17
    It looks to me like Annie SCOTT married Joseph MORALEE in 1895. They had a son named John Scott MORALEE in 1900 and he in turn married Emma HAGGERTY who are your Grandad's parents.

Yay that’s it emma and Jon were my grandads parents so now what I really need to find out is how is the murderer connected to us. , did Bella have him and give him up ? So many questions ... how old would Bella have been if she did have him ? Sorry I know I come across clueless it’s just so exciting and very important to me

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee10 View Post
    It really isn't that confusing and you just need to look at your own family.

It looks to me like Annie SCOTT married Joseph MORALEE in 1895. They had a son named John Scott MORALEE in 1900 and he in turn married Emma HAGGERTY who are your Grandad's parents.
    Are all them names of people who lived in the same house ?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Maybe you need to source this book

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...0scott&f=false

I know that it's a bit old fashioned, but I find that when I'm getting a lot of names, the best thing is to get a pencil and paper and draw a tree.... It's amazing how it helps to sort things out.

Don't worry about how someone got a forename - a lot depends on how many children a family had, but names could come from anywhere - grandparents, in-laws, employers, medical staff if there was a difficult birth, even people mentioned in the papers.

You've mentioned several times that you're a beginner, so it might help to read a message called "Helping us to help you" that wrote a while ago. It's HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    I know that it's a bit old fashioned, but I find that when I'm getting a lot of names, the best thing is to get a pencil and paper and draw a tree.... It's amazing how it helps to sort things out.

Don't worry about how someone got a forename - a lot depends on how many children a family had, but names could come from anywhere - grandparents, in-laws, employers, medical staff if there was a difficult birth, even people mentioned in the papers.

You've mentioned several times that you're a beginner, so it might help to read a message called "Helping us to help you" that wrote a while ago. It's HERE.

Thank you so much for your advice , you all have helped me loads because with your information me and my mam have worked out that Annie’s Granda’s Grandma was Annie scott so then Ernie lived with her but we don’t l ow who give birth to Ernest ? He calls Isabella scott his grandma who adopted him so we really want to find out who his mother actually is xxx I’m so excited ! We are getting closer ! Means a lot to us this thank you all so much

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    That’s the book I read in the library that’s how I found him I was so excited !

Oh wow this is all so interesting ! Thanx so so much means so much to us ! So ... who was Ernest mother if he says Isabella adopted him ?? This is crazy lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast