Question Godfrey Ermen school in Salford...

My mother recalled that she attended the Godfrey Ermen school. Born in 1922, is there no way to verify this information due to the 100 year rule? The school has been unresponsive to my inquiries. Would a local researcher be of any assistance?

Thanks in advance,
    Odie Waters
    Boerne Texas

In your position, I would contact the local archives or family history society for that area. A lot of schools have deposited their old records elsewhere. They should know what is available, and where. If you need a local researcher, they may even be able to suggest someone good.

Contact information should be available on genuki.org.uk.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Following a couple of local phone calls, i live on the fringes of GT Manchester, Salford City Council advised me that they were held by the school! We are of course assuming that such records have survived.

I put a call thru to the school and am currently awaiting their response which could take a couple of days. One questioned asked was the personns name........can you on me with your mother's name and DOB

Jean

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    Following a couple of local phone calls, i live on the fringes of GT Manchester, Salford City Council advised me that they were held by the school! We are of course assuming that such records have survived.

I put a call thru to the school and am currently awaiting their response which could take a couple of days. One questioned asked was the personns name........can you on me with your mother's name and DOB

Jean
    Thank you Jean, sent the info in a private message.

No news from Godfrey Ermen school as of yet.

Many schools are getting ready for the exam season and Easter holidays.
    That was why I suggested that you contact the relevant FHS or archive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Many schools are getting ready for the exam season and Easter holidays.
    That was why I suggested that you contact the relevant FHS or archive.
    I've contacted them multiple times since January. Thank you for the advice, it's extremely frustrating to try and do research in England from Texas.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Will call tomorrow, downside, Salford schools finish tomorrow for the 2 week Easter Hols.

Jean