Default Parentage, marriage of John Pierce born c1771

Although I have records of Pierce’s living in Bermondsey through the 19th. Century, I hope that more records are now available to trace earlier details of John Pierce who died aged 86 in 1857. The 1851 census records his birth place as Lambeth.
    With his ever popular name of John and a surname that is frequently spelt different ways, trying to pin him down in Lambeth records is the traditional needle in a haystack.

Reputation beyond repute

I would search for his marriage first.

Welcome back to your research Downsman Mike
    If you can give us the reference for the 1851 census (HO107 piece, folio, page numbers) we can take a look to see if any new records have come online that will help in your search.
    Is this your William with his wife and (potential) son's family in 1841?
    HO107 Piece 1087 Book 11 Folio 6 Page 4
    Great Maze? Pond? St Olave Surrey
    William Pierce 35 Carpenter
    Harriott Pierce 35
    John Pierce 70
    Mary Pierce 65
    Harriott Pierce 15
    William Pierce 15
    Mary Pierce 13
    Caroline Pierce 9
    All born in the county except Harriet age 35. The ages look to have been rounded down to the nearest five as they were supposed to be in 1841 only.

I have moved this thread to the Surrey forum as it is now a research subject not an Introduce Yourself post. I have given it the more informative title of Parentage, marriage of John Pierce born c1771
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Thanks Christina, the extract from 1841 Census was the original start point for my family History enquiries which I started in the 1990’s. I also have extracts from 1851/61 /81.
    It is the pre- 1841 Lambeth parish BMD’s that should be my route back to John Pierce’s birth & parentage, but no luck so far.
    Also, I know that his wife’s name is Mary Ann, but have yet to find record of the marriage.
    Regards,
    Michael