Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K H Connolly RN

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Dear Christina and Richard
    I do not have enough words to thank you for all the information that enabled me to discover the person behind the award. As a medal collector I am always interested in the man behind the medal, in his history and deeds. It is extraordinary that usually British medals are engraved with the name, rank and unit of the bearer so in this case I have a start point. Searching for the name K.H. Connolly engraved on the rim of the medal I found out this wonderful forum where you helped me to discover who Kenneth Connolly was. About the medal, it is a Long Service and Good Conduct Navy Medal that fits perfectly in the frame as it was given to sailors and petty officers for 15 years of service. Thus, the period 1927-1942 is exactly why he received the medal for.
    I will keep this award in my collection honoring the memory of K,H, Connolly, one among many heroes of WW2.
    Best regards from Romania and many thanks for your help
    As I have also other British awards in my collection I hope I will not trouble you posting the respective names, as I do not know anything about them
    Sever (Romania)

Hello Sever
    So glad we could help you and it is nice that you are interested in knowing more about the recipients of the medals you have. We will certainly try to help you with any other medal queries you have in your collection.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12