Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default William Fellows M Alice Jones c1906

Has anyone any information on a William Fellows who (according to the 1911 Census) had been married to a Alice Jones for 5 years. I am unable to find any information for either of them prior to 1911.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi amounteney and welcome to British Genealogy Forums

I have moved your post from 'Navigating Brit Gen' to the 'brickwalls' forum where it will attract more interest.

There seems to be a few William and Alice Fellows on the 1911 census, we therefore need more information to identify your couple. When and where were they born, where are they in 1911? Any extra information you have could help us to help you.
    Alma

Reputation beyond repute

married to a Alice Jones for 5 years...
    Where do you get the surname Jones from? Is it from a child's birth certificate?

A woman's maiden name is not necessarily the name she married under.

This is them in 1911?
    RG14 Piece 18559
    3 & 4 H East St Coventry
    William Fellows 30 labourer cycle works Birmingham
    Alice Fellows 29 Nottinghamshire
    Lesley Fellows 2 son Birmingham

Birth reg for son?
    Leslie Thomas Fellows Mothers maiden name Jones June 1/4 1908 registration district Aston vol 6d page 227

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    This is them in 1911?
    RG14 Piece 18559
    3 & 4 H East St Coventry

Birth reg for son?
    Leslie Thomas Fellows Mothers maiden name Jones June 1/4 1908 registration district Aston vol 6d page 227

Christina
    I looked at those folks, Christina, but the nearest marriage I could find was this one.

oct - dec 1905, Aston, vol 6d page 475
    Frederick Daniel Birch
    Harriet May Darby
    William Fellows
    Harriet Jones

And as both potential wives are named Harriet I didn't look for Frederick Daniel Birch to see who his wife was, or look to see if there was a William Fellows married to a Harriet, perhaps I should take a look at the 1911 for William Fellows/Harriet pairing married 5yrs.
    Alma

or look to see if there was a William Fellows married to a Harriet, perhaps I should take a look at the 1911 for William Fellows/Harriet pairing married 5yrs.
    Just taken a look, I see only two William/Harriet pairings and neither were listed as married 5yrs, one was married 8yrs and both born and living in Derbyshire, the other married 12yrs and born and living Gloucestershire, however it doesn't prove much really. I'll go now and look for a Harriet Jones born in Nottinghamshire hoping one was Harriet Alice, or Alice Harriet.
    Alma

I'll go now and look for a Harriet Jones born in Nottinghamshire hoping one was Harriet Alice, or Alice Harriet.
    I've had no luck finding an Alice/Harriet Jones or a Harriet/Alice Jones, there's Alice Jones' and Harriet Jones', but not one I can find with both names.
    Alma

A William Fellows married Dec 1906, Kings Norton 6c 846. Two possible brides listed, this William has a middle name. Further research needed to check if an Alice Jones married a Mr Curtis, was widowed, then married a William Fellows.

BALDWIN Charles Henry
    BARTLETT Eleanor
    Curtis Alice
    FELLOWS William Edward

Forget that possible theory as that couple Fellows/Curtis are on the 1911 census, they have a son Leonard Edward age 3, his MMN is Curtis.
    Alma

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    I looked at those folks, Christina, but the nearest marriage I could find was this one.

oct - dec 1905, Aston, vol 6d page 475
    Frederick Daniel Birch
    Harriet May Darby

William Fellows
    Harriet Jones

And as both potential wives are named Harriet I didn't look for Frederick Daniel Birch to see who his wife was, or look to see if there was a William Fellows married to a Harriet, perhaps I should take a look at the 1911 for William Fellows/Harriet pairing married 5yrs.
    Frederick Daniel Birch and wife Harriet May are together in 1911, which at least tells us a William Fellows married Harriet Jones in Aston reg district in 1905.
    Alma

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    This is them in 1911?
    RG14 Piece 18559
    3 & 4 H East St Coventry

Birth reg for son?

Christina
    We have Christina's 1911 census with William Fellows and wife Alice (maiden name Jones) but no marriage has been found.

A William Fellows married Harriet Jones in Aston in 1905, thus far that couple haven't been found in 1911. So,.........is it possible Harriet Jones and Alice Jones are one and the same person??????
    Alma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast