Thread: Hello Everyone!

Settling in

Red face Hello Everyone!

I’m excited to join this group and hope to break the wall regarding my genealogy research. My late father was adopted (California born in 1928) and I had my DNA done which provided information as to who were his biological parents. His paternal side is from one of the ancient planters of Virginia colony (ca. early to mid 17th century). But now I’m trying to determine where my 9th great grandfather, Henry White, came from. Because his name is so common, I’m pulling my hair over the many Henry Whites and William Whites (allegedly Henry’s father’s name) on record! Hopefully this forum will help clarify. Thank you!

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums

I wish my major brickwall had occurred as far back as my 9th great grandfather

Take a look around the forums, choose a suitable one for your query, tell us all you know and hopefully our helpful members will be able to come up with some tips for you.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Settling in

Hi Christina: I was fortunate in that my DNA results returned a match with my Dad’s half sister, and I was able to trace her paternal ancestry pretty easily, as Henry White was an early Quaker in Virginia and they kept good records. Now, on to researching my English (or Welsh) ancestry!