Yesterday my husband and I took a day trip on the train to London to visit the Postal Museum. As far as my other half was concerned the main reason was to travel on Mail Rail, the underground railway system that until 2003 used to shift mail bags quickly between London sorting offices, and has recently (partly) reopened as a tourist attraction linked to the Postal Museum. We had booked tickets online in advance as space is limited, but it was a fascinating trip. We also spent time in the Museum, which is very interesting and very child friendly. It was half term and there were lots of young children there, many with grandparents. The kids were all spellbound by various hands on exhibits such as the pneumatic message chutes that I remember well from shops when I was a child, and of course all the kids were goggle-eyed to see and use phones without screens, let alone phone boxes with Button A and B that I remember!

The second floor of the Museum houses the postal archives, which are open to the public. I didn't visit, as my only ancestor to work for the postal services did so in South Africa. Details can be found at
https://www.postalmuseum.org/