Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rochoy

Thank You, A Mary Jane Hunt died in Cardiff, 1899 aged 54 - 11a/229., if this is the same Mary Jane(Hardwick/Hunt) that would make her born 1845, which would be between 1843 of the 1881 Census and 1846 of the 1891 Census, I am happy to believe that this could be her death.

Rochoy

Hi, Thank you, yes, I have got a copy of the Baptism Register from the Parish of Portbury, through Somerset, including all her brothers and sisters.

Rochoy

Thank you, this was what I was referring to,
    With my search for the Brooks family, Marylebone, Middlesex and George William Bickerton Brooks
    I apologise for not mentioning it as a Thread.

Rochoy

Thanks again, Eliza Mary Jane Bickerton Brooks was the only daughter, born in 7 November 1884, baptised 11 January 1885 in St Mary's Church, in the Parish of St Marylebone, Middlesex. I have not ordered her BC, due to the cost of the R/£ exchange rate, although I would love to know if her mother Mary Jane is also "formally PUDDY" William and Mary had a son born in about, 1874, John William Brooks, I have not been able to find reference for his BC, but I have found a 'Bickerton John William , Birth Dec 1875, Marylebone 1a 556', I'm wondering if this could be John William Brooks?

Rochoy

Thank you, yes Mary Jane Puddy Hardwick was the Grandaughter of Mary Puddy, daughter of Charles Puddy.

Rochoy

Thank you for these names, I have put together a "Somerset", Hardwick tree's, from Edmond Hardwick †1586 and his decendants, in trying to solve my mystery, I think I'm going to have to compile a Puddy one too. My research has been using the Portbury Hundred, FreeReg, FamilySearch, and when I can Ancestry.com and Findmypast, when I visit the FHLibrary.

Rochoy

I must thank you for this, you seem to have answered my question regarding the children's ages, although I know sometimes the ages can be very incorrect. The information I got a few years ago, about the Wales Census 1881 and 1891 are from the 'Hunt Family Tree" on Ancestry.com. Owner Loraine Matthews. I have since being trying to verify this information, however I do not have access to Ancestry.com unless I go to my local Family History Library, So now I need to try and find out where Thomas Hunt and Mary Jane Hardwick moved to and if they had any children, I now can cancel out the Wales Family. Thank you.

Dundee10

The GRO index is here:

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...cates/menu.asp

BICKERTON, JOHN WILLIAM
    Mother's maiden surname: PUDDY
    GRO Reference: 1875 D Quarter in MARYLEBONE Volume 01A Page 556

BROOKS, FREDERICK SAMUEL BICKERTON
    GRO Reference: 1878 D Quarter in MARYLEBONE Volume 01A Page 549 Order

BROOKS, GEORGE WILLIAM BICKERTON
    GRO Reference: 1880 S Quarter in MARYLEBONE Volume 01A Page 577

BROOKS, ELIZA MARY JANE BICKERTON
    Mother's maiden surname: HARDWICK
    GRO Reference: 1884 D Quarter in MARYLEBONE Volume 01A Page 573

Rochoy

Thank you, This has helped me a great deal, it confirms for me that John William Bickerton is the Brook's first child. I will hopefully, see if I can order his and Eliza Mary Jane Bickerton Brooks's Birth Certificate. I wonder what made the mother change her maiden names from Puddy to Hardwick? Unfortunately in the Baptism records it does not mention any maiden names. The father's Occupation did change over the years, On Frederick's BC he was a Carriage Cleaner, on George's BC he was a Coach Painter but on his Baptism and in the Census he is a Shopman and then on Eliza's Baptism he is a Coach Builder. I wonder what his occupation was when John William Bickerton was born? I have never been able to find a Death Certificate for William Bickerton Brooks, I'm hoping if I do, it will confirm a marriage between William B Brooks and Mary J P Hardwick. Thank you again for your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12