Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Pamella Y Hamilton

Pamella was my aunt and born in India. I have been unable to find her place and accurate date of birth. It could be anywhere between 1924-1928.

Knowledgeable and helpful

I can find a Pamela Joyce Hamilton born 1928 in Bombay. No other details given.

Emeltee

Famous for offering help & advice

baptism and marriage records for Pamela Joyce Hamilton are on FMP, but perhaps that was what emeltee was looking at anyway.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I am almost sure Pamella (note the ll in her first name) has as her second name starting with a Y as I have found her name on a passenger list going from Brisbane to the Uk in 1949. The query I have is that my mother (her sister) was born in 1926 but referred to Pamella as an older sister? the mystery deepens. Pamella was married in Sydney, New South Wales & I have this information. My mother was born in Lahore (now Pakistan) and I have been also unable to trace her recorded birth, but know her date of birth to be 18.7.1926.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

One thing you need to consider is transcription errors, a J could be taken as a Y

I found this Name:
    P J Hamilton
    Estimated birth year: abt 1920
    Arrival Date: 16 Aug 1922
    Arrival Port: Sydney, Australia
    Departure Port: Bombay
    Ship: Naldera
    Nationality: British

I can see a Pamela Hamilton arriving in the UK in 1949 but she is married to a Norman!

I think a bit more info like parents names year of birth, your mother's name etc are needed if we are to be successful in helping you

Parents are father B an Electrical Eng mother AJ

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by bajubaje View Post
    I am almost sure Pamella (note the ll in her first name) has as her second name starting with a Y as I have found her name on a passenger list going from Brisbane to the Uk in 1949. The query I have is that my mother (her sister) was born in 1926 but referred to Pamella as an older sister? the mystery deepens. Pamella was married in Sydney, New South Wales & I have this information. My mother was born in Lahore (now Pakistan) and I have been also unable to trace her recorded birth, but know her date of birth to be 18.7.1926.
    When did she marry, and who? Have you searched for a death for her in Australia, and/or for her having children after her marriage? (I confess I don't how easy it is to search Australian records for such recent information.) Remember that you may not name any children as they may still be living.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”