Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Paul
    I have tried to send you a contact e mail address but the message 'bounced' back. My computer is causing problems sending/receiving e mail. Can you please contact me via the BG Forum private e mail.

Phillip

Loves to help with queries

Default how to reach you?

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    Paul
    I have tried to send you a contact e mail address but the message 'bounced' back. My computer is causing problems sending/receiving e mail. Can you please contact me via the BG Forum private e mail.

Phillip
    Hi Philip,how and where to i send you a message in BG private mail?DO not see this on site.
    Thanks,best regards,Paul

Paul
    Click on my name in the left hand column of the thread and it will show several columns in blue. Click on private e mail and you can type a message to me. Look on the very top of the forum page which has a heading Notifications. If you click on that heading you will see any message sent to you. There should be a number to indicate how many notifications.
    Phillip

Paul
    Ignore #11 regarding your obtaining the GRO Marriage Record for Simon/Annie. Here it is:
    Dec 26 1874 Church of England Parish Church of St James the Great Bethnal Green

Simon Rimini full age bachelor Shoemaker Bethnal Green father MICHAEL RIMINI Gentleman

Annie TOSCANE full age ( signed x her mark) Bethnal Green father JOHN TOSCANE Deceased
    Witnesses D Edwards; Emma Edwards

I take Michael to be the Anglicised version of Jechiel.

Interesting that this is a non Jewish marriage.

Phillip
    Thanks very much Philip, it is strange that it is a non Jewish marriage but do not know if Annie/Anna was Jewish, little could find about her, tried to find her in Dutch records because I think she is Dutch. Found quite some data on MyHeritage about children from Simon,in 1881 census he is called Samuel and wrong birth date of 1847.
    Have a nice edvening, best grds, Paul

Paul
    As a recap and help to other researchers Abraham Duque 1710-1784 died in Amsterdam 20 Tieri 5545 5 Oct 1784 and his wife Sara Israel died Amsterdam 1763.
    Abraham was approx 20 when he married in 1729 and had left the UK for Amsterdam by the time of the birth of his daughter Rachel 6 Feb 1760.

Paul do you have the data on the Abraham Duque/Sara Israel lines?

Phillip
    Abraham Duque's wife was a guer (meaning she was a converted christian woman), before 1742 lkived in London.
    Abraham was born Amsterdam 1710 and died there ocotober 5, 1784 and was buried at Beth Haim, the Sephardic cemetery in Ouderkerk, Sara was born 29th october 1793 Amsterdam and died there unknown date as yet, buried same cemetery. They also had an infant died:
    grave at Beth Haim 3-2-1756,no name

https://www.jstor.org/stable/2977712..._tab_contents:

nickname mentioned El Angelito Hijo (the little angel)de/from Abraham Duque 5a fra(=thursdays)29 sebat

That is all I have for now, sorry

Paul

Thumbs up Family Duque revisited

Hi all, since my last posts have leaned a lot about my oldest ancestor of this family DUQUE.
    It seems that the oldest one known Abraham Duque, apparently but not sure born 1710, came to the UK around october 29, 1729 and his fare was paid by the Mehamad of Bevis Marks Synagogue. His Catholic name was Manuel(from Emanuel)and he came with his "muller" which would be his wife so that would have been Sara and maybe a child, fare was 3 persons. He married as we know november 9, 1729 in Bevis and was named Abraham.

Could anyone help with following in UK:

1. Where did they land, name ship(is not in the Bevis records, only his name and payment)
    2. Where did they live, since there was no census at the time
    3. When did they go to Amsterdam, since there is no record of Abraham bein there but he died there october 5, 1784, she died there october 29,1793, both buried at Beth Haim.
    City archives Amsterdam said they lived in London until 1742, no data is known when and where they lived here, have chked the Portugese Israelite Community archives, nothing.

Am waiting for more data from Bevis but all help is welcome to trace this family after 1729 in London. Thanks.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Paul,

In an attempt to keep all the Duque family queries together I've moved your latest post to this old thread which has many references to Duque in it.
    You do need to carefully re-read this thread, and note the details therein. You may find some of your latest questions have already been answered.

Though I would think your chances of finding an answer to question one are zero.
    Same probability to an answer to question two, unless any addresses are given in any Jewish records.

The same applies to anyone in England searching for ancestors in the 1700s. The nearest we'll get to an address is the name of the parish or town they were living in when they were baptised, married, or buried.

There is also a brief reference to the Duque family in this thread, Posts #1 and 3.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...ighlight=duque
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Paul
    As Pam has said the information you require probably does not exist. However, the reason that Abraham came to the UK in 1739 was because he was summoned by the Mahamed for 'punishment' because he had broken the 'rules' of the community. You need to look at Google Books snippets- this was noted in earlier posts. There is also reference to David Duque son of an Abraham Duque in the Google Books snippets- you need to review this thread as Pam has suggested. The 1739 date records him as a tailor.

The snippet does not indicate where he was living when he was summoned by the Mahamad but this may exist in the Bevis Marks records.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Paul,

In an attempt to keep all the Duque family queries together I've moved your latest post to this old thread which has many references to Duque in it.
    You do need to carefully re-read this thread, and note the details therein. You may find some of your latest questions have already been answered.

Though I would think your chances of finding an answer to question one are zero.
    Same probability to an answer to question two, unless any addresses are given in any Jewish records.

The same applies to anyone in England searching for ancestors in the 1700s. The nearest we'll get to an address is the name of the parish or town they were living in when they were baptised, married, or buried.

There is also a brief reference to the Duque family in this thread, Posts #1 and 3.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...ighlight=duque
    Dear Pam

Thanks for your kind reply and help, will chek all previous posts.
    Of course chances to find a lot in 1700s is slim ot none but managed to get the data of Abraham Duque to arrive in 1729 and all other information so it is possible though not a lot of sources of course.
    Best regards, Paul

GHi Philip, hope all is well. Abraham or Manuel as he was called when he arrived, came october 29,1729 and month later he married. Have contact with Bevis with a few people now so will ask about this summons.
    Have a nice evening, greetings, Paul

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast