Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Onions mystery

Onions

Harriet 28, Harriet 8, Diana 6, Eunice 4, William 2, arrived New York 7 Jun 1852 on the ship 'Corra Linn' They set sail from Glagow.
    Alma

The Iowa state census collection 1925, Cedar, Clarence.
    George Onions 69, born NY, father William Onions, mother Harriet Thomson (both born England)
    Anna M oninons 62, born Iowa, father ??? Wilkins born England, mother Elizabeth Sheddy born Germany

George and Anna married Clarence Iowa, 18 Aug 1880
    Alma

Growing old Disgracefully

Thanks Alma I have found lots of info but was waiting for Ronaldmac to come back to us I have next generation back as well but we do not know what he already has

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    Thanks Alma I have found lots of info but was waiting for Ronaldmac to come back to us I have next generation back as well but we do not know what he already has
    This is why I asked Ron what other details he had in post #2. I've spent too many hours looking for stuff for people who gave minimum information only to be told 'I knew that'. If people ask for specific details, e.g. 'I can't find xyz in the 1851 census; in 1861 they're living in York' that's far more helpful.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

The marriage you show is correct. We have found many trees showing 1900 as the date he died. Can't find place he died.

We have this.

Where did you find the information about George being Williams father?

Hi Ron,

It would be extremely helpful to all the people trying to help you if instead of typing single sentences in a post you could first click on the 'reply with quote' which is shown under every post, and then type your reply.
    For instance in your post #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldmac View Post
    We have this.
    I don't have a clue which piece of information you're referring to.
    I can guess (by looking back at all the replies till I get to a likely one) that your reply in post #17 refers to Sandyhall's post #5, but it would save everyone's time if they didn't have to go back and read everything to find the relevant post.

If you want to be really clever you can even reply to several posts in one reply. On the extreme right of the 'reply with quote' you will see one half of a set of quotations mark with a + plus beside it. Click on that for each post you want to reply to, and then type your replies between each quoted post. e.g.
    What is your weather like?
    It's chucking it down with rain.
    Did you go to work today?
    Yes, early shift.

Re the deaths of William and Harriet -
    Do you know where Harriet died, and if not how do you know her death date?
    What was the last place you could locate William and /or Harriet, and which year was that? Did there children 'scatter' around the US, or did they all stay in mainly one area? If the latter then chances are William and Harriet ended their days in the same area.

Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Ron,
    You need to give us a little more background, such as when they went to the US.
    Is this their marriage - William Onions with a Harriet Thomas on the same page, June quarter 1841 Wolverhampton registration district?
    Have you searched for them on any UK census?
    If you've nothing more on them after they went to the US, how do you know their death dates?
    In fact, how can you get back to them?

Pam
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    They must have gone to US between 1853 when son was born in England and 1855 when next son was born in US.

William Onions. Father, George Onions

Marriage Date: 9 May 1841
    Marriage Place: St George'S, Wolverhampton, Stafford, England

Spouse, Harriet Thomas
    Where did you find this info?

I expect Sandyhall is (sensibly!) tucked up in bed at this time of night so I'll tell you that the transcription is on FamilySearch, where it then tells you that you can view the original parish register entry either at an LDS Family History Centre (free) or online at Findmypast (for which you will need a sub or pay-as-you-go credits).

I found the entry (which just gives the names, registration district, quarter, and year) on the free GRO Index FreeBMD. https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Pam

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast