Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Charlotte Edwards/Williams Kidderminster 1802

Hello all………I’m sorry for the longwinded background below, I thought I had lots of clues but no answers

In brief I’m trying to establish more about a widow Charlotte (Edwards or Williams) and her marriage(s)

It looks like she was born 1802 in Kidderminster (everything seems to happen there!) and I have a likely but unproven burial in Kidd 13/11/1872, born 1802.
    And there’s this background I’ve got so far……..

From a marriage certificate I have my gg grandfather John Rudge Pearsall age 23 marrying Charlotte Williams age 26 on July 1,1860 at Wribbenhall, Kidderminster.
    Her father is Richard Williams.

The 1871 census has John R Pearsall and Charlotte living with Rhoda their daughter, and his mother in law widow Charlotte Williams age 69.

In 1861 John and Charlotte is living with his 2 brothers, his sister and mother and his widowed mother in law Charlotte Edwards aged 62.

In 1851 I’m pretty sure Charlotte Edwards head widow age 49 is living with her daughter Charlotte Edwards age 17, along with a young family named Taylor and single female lodger.

In 1841 there’s a Charlott Edward age 40, Eliza age 15, William age 15, John 10, Charlotte age 6.

Familysearch has these children of Richard Edwards and Charlotte christened in Kidderminster
    William chr 1/11/1823
    Mary Ann chr 28/12/1827
    John chr 3/6/1831
    Charlotte chr 1/1/1834
    And Ancestry adds Mary chr 12/5/1836

This would suggest a Kidderminster marriage 1818-1823……nothing on ancestry or Familysearch though, and I think the only place to see the registers is in the Worcester archives.

I have a burial for Richard Edwards 20/11/1838, in Kidderminster, born 1802, which seems to fit date wise, explaining her widow status in 1841 and last child in 1836.
    But is this the same man as Richard Williams from the marriage certificate……but wrong surname.

Can anyone help or spot something I've missed? Thanks for your patience if you've read this far

Dundee10

Does Charlotte's father Richard have an occupation on her marriage cert? Have you compared it to the EDWARDS baptisms?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello Dundee10

The certificate has Richard Williams as a weaver.
    Familysearch christenings are just records without any of the original images of the registers.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

This link may prove useful
    https://www.worcesterbmsgh.co.uk/pari...e_Burial_Index

Obtaining the death certificate may hopefully confirm your theory
    Name: Richard Edwards
    Registration Year: 1838
    Registration Quarter: Oct-Nov-Dec
    Registration district: Kidderminster
    Volume: 18 Page: 252

Who are the witnesses on the marriage to John R Pearsall?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks Geneius I think I'll do that. Not being able to pin down her maiden name or her marriages is so frustrating if all the other things are right!

The witnesses were John's sister Rosanna and her husband Edward Payne

janbooth

FindmyPast have a marriage at Ribbesford, Worcestershire in 1821 of a Richard WILLIAMS to a Charlotte MILLWARD. No further details unfortunately but Ribbesford is not too far from Kidderminster. To add to this, there is a baptism at Kidderminster on 22 February 1802 of a Charlotte MILWARD daughter of John & Ann MILWARD. Perhaps worth further investigation on your part?

Janet

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello Janet
    I was aware of the 1802 baptism but hadn't connected it to the Ribbesford marriage for some reason. A case of can't see the wood for the trees! I'll need to revisit this

Thank you so much.