Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default McNeight, McClement, Milliken & Malcolmson

Hello all,
    There are several of us who are actively researching the lines of George McNeight and Ann McClement of Newtownards. They first appear in the records with the birth of my 2G grandfather Andrew in Dec. 1831. Thanks to AncestryDNA and some dogged research here and across the pond, we've positively identified lines of descent from Andrew, his sister Margaret and brother William John, and likely at least a couple others.

My 2G Andrew McKnight married Sarah Milliken, daughter of Hamilton Milliken and Jane Malcolmson also of the Newtownards area, in Bangor (Co. Down) in 1854. They had four children there before emigrating to Dalry in Ayrshire in 1862 to work the mines (following Hamilton and Jane), and had at least 7 more children in Dalry and Auchinleck before moving to West Calder. We have also traced many descendants of the children who survived to adulthood, including the three who came to America - my great-grandfather Andrew (b. Dalry 1864), James (b. Dalry 1873) and Margaret (b. Auchinleck 1877).

I have learned much more, but would love to connect with others who might share this lineage either here or at
    connect AT andrewmcknight DOT net . We have a public tree in my name on Ancestry, have uploaded family DNA there and at GEDMatch, MyHeritage and FamilyTreeDNA.

With warm regards from northern Virginia's Blue Ridge,
    Andrew
    --
    Andrew McKnight
    Singer Writer Guitarist - Lincoln VA
    https://
    andrewmcknight.net
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 30-12-2017 at 7:14 PM. Reason: Email address disguised to deter spammers.