Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    janbooth

Don't worry, we have all been there, done that & got the t-shirt and in reality that is how we all learn to research! Another son for you to add to the list is the birth on 24 January 1831 at Barrowden of William son of John Willsworth FORSTER & Catharine his wife who was the daughter of Thomas SWIFT which was registered at Moorcott & Barrowden Baptist church. However, I am not having much luck finding the burial record of John Willsworth FO(R)STER so far, which presumably is some time between 1840 and 1851.

Janet

Quote Originally Posted by JandL View Post
    Oh dear, now I feel like a fool. Could have saved you the trouble, and looked up the meaning in the dictionary! Sorry to waste your time, but thanks!
    Jan, is right. No need for you to feel foolish, we were all new to family history and its terminology once upon a time, and it was no trouble, that's what we're here for - to help. And if you've not come across the word before, relating to a widow, why would you know its meaning in that context, it is an old fashioned expression. Good luck with your continuing research, and ask anything related to it, we are more than happy to help
    Alma

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    Don't worry, we have all been there, done that & got the t-shirt and in reality that is how we all learn to research!

Janet
    I very much agree.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Loves to help with queries

Thank you one and all. Nicest part about research is the people one finds along the way. I am grateful for the help with this family. There are so many John Forsters dying, I think impossible to find Catherine's husband. The Willsworth name continues in Jesse's line at least for another 2 generations in Australia, just a pity it wasn't used when John died. Happy new year to all, and thanks again.

The only death reg I can come up with 1841 to 1851, on FreeBMD, in Rutland is that of a John Foster Uppingham registration district 1843 (which includes Barrowden) vol 15 page 453. Checking this on the GRO index which gives ages it gives his age as 37.
    The 1841 census has John's age as 30 but the 1841 census was the only one where the enumerators were instructed to markdown to the nearest 5 anyone 15 years and over. Some followed instructions, others didn't but looking at all the other ages of adults on the two pages of this census they all end in a 5 or 0 so this enumerator did mark down the ages. Therefore John could have been any age between 30 and 34 and of course we know he was baptised in 1806 giving an age of 37 in 1843.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Thank you for continuing to check Christina. Yes I had looked at that Foster registration, but unaware one could check age elsewhere. In the 1841 census were there any family living with him? I think they had Elizabeth Darlow 1830; William 1831; Thomas W 1833, Ann ED 1835; John ?; and Jesse c.1841. Thank you.

1841 HO107 Piece 898 Book 1 Page 25
    Barrowden Rutland
    John Foster Ag Lab 30
    Catharine Foster 30
    Elizabeth Foster 5
    John Foster 2
    Jesse Foster 2 months

All born in county of Rutland.
    i wonder if the first Elizabeth you have born c1830 died and named this one born c1836 the same.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

janbooth

I can confirm for you the following births, all registered at Moorcott & Barrowden Baptist church: Elizabeth Darlow 1830, William 1831, Thomas Willsworth 1833, Ann Elizabeth 1835.

Looking at my Rutland Burial Index, it is interesting that the death registration that Christina has found for you does not appear on my Rutland Burial Index under either FORSTER or FOSTER, so my likely guess is that it was a non-conformist burial which could explain why his burial does not appear on most online sites. Ancestry's records of the Moorcott & Barrowden Baptism church only go up to 1837 and I cannot find the 1843 burial on FMP either.

I wonder if Elizabeth Darlow died sometime between 1837-41 and the Elizabeth mentioned on the 1841 census is in fact the Ann Elizabeth born in 1835. This would fit in quite well with the non-conformist burial theory for the family, but of course until you find corroboration, it is only a theory. However, I haven't found a likely Elizabeth D in any census records so far nor have I found a likely marriage.

Janet

Huge thanks to everyone. I am very happy and grateful with results. Hope your research will help others who might look at this same family. Cheers everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12