Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Loves to help with queries

I think the Thomas Pinker born Bath belongs to the George Fido & Hannah Pinker Fry who married 1838 in Bath. However, my problem is whether or not George/Hannah of 1838 is the same George Fido who married Mary Griffiths in 1872. I thought the 1851 census might at least show George with Hannah and whatever children they had produced, as Hannah (if she is the correct one) didn't die until 1858.

Famous for offering help & advice

sorry to go over old ground

all the children on the 1861 census with George & Sarah were registered with mother's maiden name FRY so were from his previous marriage to Hannah Pinker Fry. If they had been from a previous marriage of Sarah (was she previously married ? ) they would have mother's maiden name RICH and Sarah would have had to have been married to another Fido for those children to have that surname of course.

are we now doubting whether the 1861 census George Fido is "your" George ?

Please don't apologise about going over old ground. I myself am beginning to get confused with what seemed fairly logical to begin with. The only proof docs (prior to the birth of Hannah Sabrina) I have are: baptism page showing "George Fido" born in Marshfield, baptised as 'natural son of Thomas Williams alias William Thomas" and Ann Fido; and Bristol marriage transcript of George and Elizabeth Champion in 1854. Elizabeth was a widow and her father was 'William Fry'. I can't remember now but I think Hannah Pinker Fry's father was also a William Fry. The rest of the story I have tried to piece together with the above info. Thank you for your interest.

yes William Fry married Mary Pinker, Bristol, 1819. Hannah Pinker Fry baptised 7 May 1820 at Bath Easton (or Batheaston) to William & Mary.

Hannah had siblings, but I don't want to confuse matters if we're not particularly interested in them.

Growing old Disgracefully

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    yes William Fry married Mary Pinker, Bristol, 1819. Hannah Pinker Fry baptised 7 May 1820 at Bath Easton (or Batheaston) to William & Mary.

Hannah had siblings, but I don't want to confuse matters if we're not particularly interested in them.
    Thanks Wimsey I hadn't got that far back yet still looking for 1851 census think I might have found 3 children in the workhouse down in Somerset very bad writing on the original.

also yes Hannah and Elizabeth where sisters.

there is also a brother for hannah & elizabeth that I found but I will have to go back and find him.

No 3 year old scally rascal ( he knows his name he tells me thats what it is when you ask his name) today so on my own so can concentrate

Mary Pinker Fry baptised 1826 Batheaston
    John Pinker Fry baptised 1831 (born 1828) Batheaston
    Jane Fry baptised Batheaston to William & Mary 1822

Found a birth 1838 and Baptism father and mothers name the same a death 1838 (6 weeks old) for a Baby Boy John Fido Betheaston Somerset.

They then have another Child and name him John on the 1841 Census and Hannah's sister Mary

There is also a George Fido Fido born Bath 1840 mmn Fry

Do you have this info on Thomas Pinker Fido 1849 - 1916
    married Ellen Edmonds 1846 Bristol. marriage sept 1/4 1868 at Cliffton
    I have census 71,81,91,01,11.
    census 11 says they had 8 children and 3 had died.

children found with them on census are as follows
    George Francis b 1869 - 1934
    Hannah Elizabeth b1871
    Thomas Pinker b 1873
    Celia b 1878
    Matilda Ellen b 1881 possible marriage to Herbert Talbot on 22 May 1904
    William Nathaniel b 1884 possible marriage to Florence Louisa 1904
    James b 1889 possible marriage to Mary Ann O'Conner 1909
    Alfred John b 1889

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    sorry to go over old ground

all the children on the 1861 census with George & Sarah were registered with mother's maiden name FRY so were from his previous marriage to Hannah Pinker Fry. If they had been from a previous marriage of Sarah (was she previously married ? ) they would have mother's maiden name RICH and Sarah would have had to have been married to another Fido for those children to have that surname of course.

are we now doubting whether the 1861 census George Fido is "your" George ?
    No Wimsey George is the right one we had a problem as she had four marriages for him but we sorted it now. I have e-mail JandL
    all information found. and yes he did have 4 wives 2 of them sisters.

Thank you all so much. Best wishes for the Christmas New Year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123