Post 1902 Invalided to Royal Hosp Chelsea?

My grandfather's Boar War Records (1899 - 1902) 2nd East Surrey Reg, shows that he was invalided back to England to Royal Hospital Chelsea. Where can I find out more as to his invalidity?

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums Lady D
    Did you get your grandfather's records from familysearch.org or Findmypast? Have you looked on The National Archives site here?
    The Royal Hospital Chelsea is still looking after retired soldiers of the British army and have been since 1692.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Hello Christina,

Sorry for my delay in responding properly to your email. I found my grandfather's short attestation record via Ancestry.co.uk/FOLD3. I am trying to get as much clarification as possible for his only remaining child, my 98 year old father. Looks like I have some leg work to do

Reputation beyond repute

If you provide his identity details, you might get some help here.

Question 1902 INVALID RECORDS FOR GEORGE FERRY

Help please.

L/Cpl George Ferry of 2nd East Surrey Regiment, Regt No 4588, Medal Roll record shows he was 'Invalided back to England'. His Military History Sheet confirms he was posted 'Home' 31.7.01 & 'Discharged Medically Unfit' 25.1.02.

I am seeking information as to the nature of his invalidity causing him to be discharged.

Thanks.