Post ALFRED CLARKE S/n:10401-10th Battery,Bore War

Looking for any information on ALFRED CLARKE, S/n:10401 Bore War, 10th Battery, Royal Field Artillery.
    He was discharged from Aldershot & records has his intended place of Res: 30 Pemberton St.,Old Trafford, Manchester, Discharge Date: 12 May 1902.
    His Medal somehow ended up in Australia, and has the Transvaal, Orange Free State & Cape Colony Bars on it.
    Looking for any information on Alfred with hope of finding family.
    Edge inscription: 10401, GNR, A. CLARKE, 81ST BTY, R.F.A

Famous for offering help & advice

The 1901 census for that address has Thomas & Mary Cotgreave with stepsons Harry & Joseph Clarke. These could be brothers and mother of Alfred,maybe.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I found this on a tree on ancestry and have forwarded to youngie, phone number has been removed....

mary pearson: she married a third time to Thomas cotgreave they had no children she had a son to john ashe the son of james Clarke and mary peasrson called harry married alice may riley my grandparents they had 13 children james and mary had a son William who went to America they also had a son Alfred if I can help my phone no is ..... ...... Norfolk my name is alice

Thanks Pamelawagster, that has given me a great starting point, never thought to search Intended place of Res.
    Kind Regards Keith.
    Merry Xmas

G'day Alice,
    Thank you for that info, as it looks as though the Cotgreave name is a name to follow, should be able to pick on Ancestry, also of interest is Sidney Ash, son of Joseph Ash is who was in possession of the medal here in OZ, so I was not sure if family brought it out, or had been sent out.
    I can be contacted at keith.y#flexinet.com.au (note replace # with @)
    Again Many Thanks Keith
    Mooloolaba, Australia

Hi! Again Alice,
    I found 2 Ancestry trees with Thomas Cotgreave & Mary,
    Ancestry:
    clarke Family Tree mavis584
    Ashe 4 mjfssmpa
    But I cant see in either the text you stated, could you let me know it was either of these 2 or would there be another.
    Regards Keith