Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quickie, have you considered
    1) the records you want may not be on line
    2) your James brindley was baptised a non conform ist

Knowledgeable and helpful

Records I may be after may not be online but some members may have access to records not online.

Information provided may be incorrect: example my cousin says Ancestry has a written thing by ahisco2 that says Jonathan is Williams father and William is James's father where above it was said that ahisco2 on Ancestry says Jonathan is James's father (so both are saying Ancestry and ahisco2 provided the information). Hence conflict of information provided.

So it needs to be investigated to sort it out.
    I can't contact ahisco2 to ask questions as I believe he died a couple of years ago

janbooth

1841 census does not show exactly where people are born, only whether they are born in the county or other countries. The William BRINDLEY in Colwich is aged 75, a Shoe Maker born in the county of Staffordshire, so does not appear to be the same William BRINDLEY as the one who married Sarah HOULDING judging by the profession shown. However, there is a James BRINDLEY in Market Drayton in the 1841 census records, aged 67, not born in the county, who is a Shoemaker, so perhaps he is connected to the William BRINDLEY in Colwich?

There is a BRINDLEY family in the 1861 census of Little Wenlock, Shropshire (RG9/1857, folio 26, page 13) which may be connected in some way to the Family Tree on Ancestry - you would have to do a bit more research - but it caught my eye because the Head of Family is a John BRINDLEY, aged 56, born St Mary Salop, who is a Blacksmith, and his father is a widowed Jonathan BRINDLEY, aged 90, Labourer, born Wolverhampton. However, none of this is really any nearer to proving who is the father of your James BRINDLEY as at the moment we have found no connection to Arnold in Nottinghamshire for any of these BRINDLEYs.

Janet

Knowledgeable and helpful

Thanks Janet

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234