Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Thanks,

I also found 3 James Brindley in Staffordshire around this period plus a James Brinley and so far no death for a Thomas Brindley.

I don't have access to their parents info.

James could also be Charlottes child before she married Jonathan as his Army records suggest he was born 2 years before that Marriage

My cousin says Mary arrived after James in Tasmania

ok

James's Army papers dated 30 Jan 1826 say he was enlisted at Chatham, Kent.

so I searched Kent for Thomas's death in Kent 1823 -1826

and found

Thomas Brinley died 2 Feb 1826, Kent, Rochester : St Margaret of Antioch (age says 1 but he should have been 2)

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    There is a short description about this James BRINDLEY on Ancestry by ahisco2 which states that his father was a Jonathan BRINDLEY of Market Drayton and that James died in Sydney in 1847. Does this fit in with what you know about your James BRINDLEY? If so, it might be worth contacting ahisco2 as they may have information that you do not have.

Janet
    Hi Janet, I have noticed on the Internet that an Allan Graham Hiscock is involved in James Brindley's family tree via his son Samuel James Brindley (I am via Samuel's sister Charlotte). I am guessing ahisco2 is Allan. I'm trying to locate him (he doesn't seem to be on Facebook).

Just found a memorial for Allan Graham Hiscock and Mrs Ruth Evelyn Hiscock (nee: Sykes) in 2015. The Brindley family tree managed by Allan Graham Hiscock on Geni was last updated December 2016 (more than 1 year after the memorial. I am attempting to contact family to see who is updating it and taken over the family history

My cousin has informed me that someone on Ancestry has that James was born Arnold Nottingham 1788 with no birth information (church, dates or parents), that his parents are William Brindley and Sarah Houlding m 19 Sept 1785 All Saints, Sadbury, Darbyshire plus I think she said it says his grandfather is apparently John/Jonathan Brindley.

Until my cousin and I see documentary evidence of these connections (example a birth registration with parents names), we will be putting them into the unproven leads pile.

janbooth

The marriage record is available to view on Ancestry and states that William was a Blacksmith and he and Sarah were both of the parish of Sudbury. William made his mark and Sarah signed.

One child, Patty, baptised at Sudbury on 24 September 1786 daughter of William & Sarah BRINDLEY and then they seem to disappear from Sudbury.

Family duties beckon, so must depart. Will try to do a bit more research later.

Janet

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    The marriage record is available to view on Ancestry and states that William was a Blacksmith and he and Sarah were both of the parish of Sudbury. William made his mark and Sarah signed.

One child, Patty, baptised at Sudbury on 24 September 1786 daughter of William & Sarah BRINDLEY and then they seem to disappear from Sudbury.

Family duties beckon, so must depart. Will try to do a bit more research later.

Janet
    Thanks Janet, that shows the Marriage of William and Sarah but not that my James Brindley born in Arnold is their son and this is my issue with the information on Ancestry. I say this as I already have issues with another family name in another county where there are two children with the same name, both with parents of the same name, born months apart. Hence the not taking what is on Ancestry as gospel until I see something that proves James is their child.

Ahisco2 on Ancestry (I believe he is now deceased and so far no one to do with his family has contacted me back) has James's father as Jonathon Brindley from Market Drayton. So Ancestry has two different father's for him

ok, with further investigating.

William Brindley christened 8 April 1765 Market Drayton, Shropshire, England with father Jonathan

William Brindley m Sarah Houlding 19 September 1785 Sadbury, Derby, England

There is a

William Brindley born 1765 died 1 September 1844 Colwich, Staffordshire, England

Can someone please look at the 1841 Census and see if this William was born at Market Drayton

I will then look into whether William the son of Jonathon is my James's father

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast