Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Janet, are you able to try and get that person to contact me at all? The death in Sydney 1847 is my James Brindley. He for some reason went to Sydney in 1846 while his family stayed in Tasmania. He died in the Benevolent Asylum in Sydney 1847 and was buried in Devonshire St Cemetery (Old Sydney Burial Ground).

Thanks, I knew he is going to be hard to find.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

One to file in the maybe pile
    Phillimore Marriage Registers, Nottinghamshire
    15 July 1789 James Brindley to Frances Milward by lic

Geneius. as the only Brindley found in Nottingham so far, then possibly is related to my James Brindley in some way. Thanks

Just a thought. Maybe mine wasn't born Brindley but took on the name after this Marriage Although someone on Ancestry thinks his father is named Jonathon for some reason.

His Marriage says

date: 25 April 1823
    Denomination: Anglican
    Surname: Brinly
    Married by Banns
    Neither witness has his or her surname
    They both lived in Arnold, Nottinghamshire

janbooth

Notts FHS Baptismal Index shows the baptism at Arnold on 30 November 1823 for Thomas son of James & Mary BRINLY, Woolcomber. However, so far I cannot find any relevant baptism for James on the Baptismal Index.

Janet

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    Notts FHS Baptismal Index shows the baptism at Arnold on 30 November 1823 for Thomas son of James & Mary BRINLY, Woolcomber. However, so far I cannot find any relevant baptism for James on the Baptismal Index.

Janet
    Is there a death for this Thomas? 1826 my James and Mary went to Tasmania (he went as a Red Coat to guard the prisoners).

I am following up the possible Jonathan connection in the Staffordshire County as I found a marriage with wife of Charlotte in 1790.

My James Brindley named his daughter Charlotte and as his records have conflicting ages (born 1788 or possibly 1791/92) and place of birth (Harna/Arnold).

Are there any children to a Jonathan and Charlotte Brindley in Nottinghamshire?

Thanks in Advance

janbooth

Can't find a burial for Thomas born c1823 in Nottinghamshire using my Notts Burial CD nor Ancestry, FMP and FreeREG. Perhaps he died en route to Australia/Tasmania. I am also not having much success finding any BRINDLEY (or variants) records in Arnold and not many in Nottinghamshire as a whole.

Jonathan & Charlotte seem to remain in Staffordshire, both dying in Norbury in the 1840's, Jonathan in 1843 and Charlotte in 1847 (burial records available to view on FMP). Both are on the 1841 census of Norbury (HO107/974/11, folios 3/4, pages 12/13). I cannot find any connection with Nottinghamshire nor do they appear to have had a son James. There are, however, quite a few James BRINDLEYs baptised 5 years either side of 1790 in Staffordshire. Sorry not to be of more help.

Janet

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast