Starting to feel at home

Default ? PHOTO of Rev.John HOLDING b.1841,d.1904?

Rev. John HOLDING of Stotfold, Beds. in his later yrs., was husband to Susan ADDISON. I am searching for a photograph of the Rev., as doing a bio of him & photos would help make it complete. If there are any family members, descendants of this union out there who possess photos of the Rev., his wife, or of any of their numerous children (esp. of the 1908 London OLYMPICS runner, Harold Evelyn Holding), I would love seeing any / all. I have gathered quite a lot of info / documents on them all, so happy to exchange for photos w/ anyone who has them!

I have already contacted ALL the various churches the Rev. served at, and Cambridge University (from where he graduated),as well as The Royal Geographical Society (of which he was a "Fellow"), and the burial site Church, plus the Olympics committee but no one has pix of the Rev., or of his son, the Olympic runner. Any other ideas of photo sources, welcome!

Thank you Sincerely,

Vienna Spencer

Thank you for saving our time by telling us where you have already looked!

The only other place that I can think of to look is the (local) newspapers of the time - maybe associated with an obituary or when he did whatever made him remarkable enough to attract your attention...
    Or when he arrived or left one of his churches...

Starting to feel at home

Default Rev. John HOLDING 1840-1901 Stotfold, Beds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Thank you for saving our time by telling us where you have already looked!

The only other place that I can think of to look is the (local) newspapers of the time - maybe associated with an obituary or when he did whatever made him remarkable enough to attract your attention...
    Or when he arrived or left one of his churches...
    Thank you, Leslie, for your kind words & idea. Actually I think I possess EVERY newspaper "Mention" of him And his family that EVER was printed! Ha ha, but true!!! But again, they NEVER published a PHOTO of him (or his family)!!! Grrr--soooo FRUSTRATING!!

Thanks again for your time & suggestions!

Vienna