Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    aroundincircles

Default Actual birthdates

HI

Is there any way / websites / records / registers that you can search for births by actual birthdates? Instead of years and quarters.

If that makes sense.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

The only dataset I can think of that uses birth dates as standard in its indexing is the 1939 Register (available only on Findmypast). And of course that's only useful for people who were alive in September 1939.

Death registrations from June quarter 1969 include a date of birth. However, the accuracy of the date depends on how well the death informant knew the deceased. Some of those dates could be confirmed by checking the person on the 1939 Register .

Some parish registers include a birth date. Remember that not everyone was baptised as a baby, and you can often find 'job lots' with several children being baptised at the same time. But you can't search parish register indexes by the birth date. Entries in PRs usually only have the baptismal date transcribed.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

aroundincircles

Thanks for the info. The birth year in question is 1891 - I know she has to have been registered as she had older siblings and I have their birth certificates.
    The problem I have always had (for 20 plus years) is that Im searching for such a common surname in Liverpool. I dont feel I will ever find her birth cert. It drives me mad like a nagging ache

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Errors in reporting between the local registrar's office and the GRO, to say nothing of errors at the GRO itself, are well-known. Saying which, have you checked the GRO's own Historical births index?

Have you looked for a baptism for this person and/or any of their siblings?
    Are they on the 1891 census? Did they survive until the 1901 and, 1911 census? Survive until 1939?

As always, BG sleuths are willing to put their collective heads together but we need names and what else you know about the person. As you say the name is common then census references are probably vital to us helping you.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Growing old Disgracefully

Do you have Fathers name and mothers maiden name from siblings birth Cert as you can order cert from GRO and ask for a check and if the name is not the same as you ask for they wont send it and will refund your payment.

as you have a birth date you you could use this as cross reference as well as Parents names for the GRO.

Reputation beyond repute

Apply to GRO for a certificate without quoting any reference data but stating all the facts that you are sure about, including the exact date of birth. There is no charge if they don't find a match.

aroundincircles

Thanks for your replies. The name I am searching for is Ann/Anna/Hannah KENNY - DOB 24/8/1891 (although she reported later through life she never quite knew whther she was a KENNY or KELLY!! ) Her father is ROGER KENNY b 1856 and mother is Mary Ann KELLY b 1861

Yes we have her BAPTISMAL certificate, you are not going to believe the bad luck we have had with our searches/certificates. But here we go.

Born 24-8-1891, baptised at home in danger of death 8-9-1891, then later in church (St. Francis Xaviers - Salisbury St Liverpool) on 14-9-1891

CHILD - ANNA KELLY (yes kelly! can you believe that!)
    MOTHER - ANNA KELLY (this was mums maiden name!)

NO FATHER ON - THIS SPACE IS LEFT BLANK

NO ADDRESS - AAAAAARRRRGH!!!!!

I have bought numerous birth certifcates throughout the years - none of them are hers! This lady is my Grandmother and even my mum said her mum never even saw a copy of her own birth certificate ! Its all very mysterious.

Dundee10

So the child was illegitimate, no? I cannot see Roger and Mary together on a census after 1881, have you found them? Just wondering why you think they stayed together and Roger is the father of Anna/Hannah.

Were there any children before Hannah?

aroundincircles

Well the story always maintained by her was she had a sister Sarah and a brother William. That was it.

After years and years of digging and requesting cerificates etc. We have discovered her parents ROGER and MARY ANN actually had:-
    WILLIAM KENNY in 1881
    MARY ELLEN KENNY in 1883
    JOHN WILLIAM KENNY in 1885
    HANNAH / ANNA in in 1891
    SARAH (she is another story as I was once in touch with a relative of Sarahs who said that Hannah was only Sarahs half sister - and Sarahs father was called Patrick Noon!?!)

Havent found them (Roger and Mary) on a census after 1881 but when Roger died - the informant was Mary Kenny (wife)

I have posted numerous sites (this one 10 years ago,,) and had some great replies over the years. Stil no closer to finding her birth certifate though and I know she HAS to have one!

My mum started this search in about 1985 and sadly passed away 4 years ago - still never finding the birth certicate for her mum. Its all a complete mystery

aroundincircles

My nanna always, always, always mainted her father was Roger Kenny and her mum was called Mary Ann Kelly.

She had never seen her own birth certificate.

But then i suppose she only ever said a sister Sarah and brother William - which we know now was a fib as there were 2 other siblings.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast