Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    aroundincircles

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Didn't Geneius advise you to "apply for them stating that parents names need to be Roger/Roderick & Mary"? her advice would have saved you the cost of two certificates.
    Im on the GRO Website and cant see anywhere where I could add a comment about Parents needing to be Roger Kenny / Mary Kelly .

Yes that was my reply - as I explained I couldnt see anywhere that would enable to do this.

Reputation beyond repute

I couldnt see anywhere that would enable to do this.

Growing old Disgracefully

Worth knowing this - You also don't need to go through the GRO for cert. if you know which records Office they where from you can ring and speak to them, they will charge you up front for the records but if they are not the ones you need they will refund your money.
    For instance I had found births of my Farmer family Children with same mothers maiden as my Mums. records from Oxford Records Office I rang and spoke to them gave the details and ref no from FreeBMD and said fathers name must be William mothers name must be Elizabeth paid for 5 got 4 sent to me and 5th one they couldn't find so refunded me the money. they turned out to be my mum's sibling that had died shortly after birth when i spoke to my aunt's they never knew about these children. They told me there mother was always ill in bed, this sort of thing was not talked about in those days.

Only the following Roger Kennys in the 1871 census. So yours born Liverpool c1856 is the only one who's age matches with the death registration of Roger Kenny age 60 in Leeds in 1917.
    There are only three deaths of a Roger Kenny anytime anywhere on FreeBMD. The one in Leeds, one in Staffordshire 1875 age 1 and one in Liverpool June 1/4 1862. On the GRO index this one was age 60. So where do the others in 1871 disappear to?
    On the GRO index the Roger who died in 1862 was age 60
    1871 census
    Parent/spouse birth Year Birthplace Relation Residence
    Roger Kenny, Jane abt 1839 Ireland Head St Mary, Staffordshire
    Roger Kenny, Bridget abt 1841 Galway, Ireland Head St Margaret, Yorkshire
    Roger Kenny, Park, Ellen abt 1856 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Son Liverpool, Lancashire
    Roger Kenny , Roger, Bridget abt 1866 York, Yorkshire, England Son St Margaret, Yorkshire
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Dundee10

The various deaths are indexed, you need to search as well for 'Rodger' and 'KENNEY'.

The OP already has a death cert for a Roger:

Quote Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
    when Roger died - the informant was Mary Kenny (wife)
    ...and a Mary

Quote Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
    MARY ANN KENNY 1903 Wife of Roger Kenny and his address and occupation. Died in hospital - informant Patrick Kelly (brother).
    As I said earlier, these two Mary's cannot be the same person if the cert for Roger is the one from 1917.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I had a feeling Patrick Noon was going to pop up again because he was a witness at their wedding and a lodger for so long but I expected him to be a relative. When was Sarah born because I haven't seen her on any census. What year did Rodger die? If Mary reported his death do the dates match?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567