Loves to help with queries

Default Dr Arthur Charles Kingsgate Yates 1896-1965

I am seeking living relatives of Dr Arthur Charles Kingsgate Yates, aka Tim Yates. He was born in Australia in 1896 to William Hatfield Yates and Eleanor Jane Bourke, the last of five children - Eleanor (b 1884), Muriel Annie (b 1886), Evelyn (b 1887) and Lilian Agnes (b 1889) He gained his medical qualifications in Sydney before joining Cunard as a ship's surgeon. During WW2 he served as surgeon-commander and was awarded the DSC. He was also a noted cricketer in Australia and Sussex. He married Eirene (correct unusual spelling) Beachcroft in London in 1952 and I don't believe they had any children. He died suddenly in 1965.

I have been entrusted with an item which I am sure would be of interest to his family.

Please contact me with any relevant information. Thank you.

Hi
    Eirene died 20 April 1985. She had a will but no clues in the probate record to living family members.
    If anyone can help with this query please use the private message system to relay the names of possibly living people.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Loves to help with queries

More research has led to a family of BRIGGS - William Briggs and Alice Yates (Arthur's aunt) had children Harold, Charles, Frank and Lillian who would be Arthur's first cousins.

Also a family PEET - Charles & Elizabeth Peet emigrated to the USA c.1850 and settled in Kansas. Their children were George, Mary, Louisa, Groucher (?), Charley and William and would also be Arthur's first cousins.

I would really like to find anyone connected to this family so please PM me if you think you have any relevant info.

Famous for offering help & advice

records on Find My Past appear to suggest that this gentleman married Eirene Beachcroft twice (??) - firstly in Australia in 1927.

.... or was it a case of the "first" marriage not happening ?

an Australian newspaper reports their engagement in 1927 but I don't see a marriage report

Famous for offering help & advice

1939 register has them living together in London.Both state married and Eirene is listed as Yates.

There is also this on Ancestry but I haven't World membership so cannot look up the record.

Australia, Marriage Index, 1788-1950
    Name
    Arthur C K Yates
    Spouse
    Eirene Beachcroft

Dundee10

You don't need Ancestry, the indexes are freely available online.

https://familyhistory.bdm.nsw.gov.au...history/search

Wedding Photo

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/223227667