Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    John,

Have you looked at the actual marriage record for your William Henry (available to view on Scotland's People website) because the name and occupation of his father shown on that record is different to the information you have given in your first post. Can't give you full details because it is a pay per view website. However, using that information, I am still having no success in finding a marriage for your William Henry's parents.

Have you considered that William Henry may have been illegitimate and that the birth registration I found in the September qtr 1875 at Stoke Damerel, mother's maiden name ROGERS, may indeed be the correct registration. Just a thought.

Janet
    I have not looked at either, but if you have not done so you should def check both his marriage cert and death cert also available on Scotland's people.

The William Henry Rogers b Stoke Damerel is probably the son of William Rogers and Annie Rogers, maiden name Rogers, the family found in Lancashire in earlier posts. All of the children have mmn Rogers. William seems to have been a captain in the Royal Navy and I think they married in 1867.

janbooth

Thanks for the clarification, grisel, as that makes perfect sense and certainly fits in with the William Henry ROGERS I found with parents William & Annie in census records. I will now try to find William Henry's father & mother using the info given on the marriage record of WH - not that I had much success yesterday!

Janet

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi everyone, hi John.

The similarities to my own family search is striking. My Great-Grandfather, William Henry Rogers married a Margaret J Higgins in 1914. I have his father as Henry Rogers and mother as Mary McLean. He was listed as 37 when he got married, so birth date will be similar - are we related?!

William Henry died in Paisley in 1926 aged 50. Love someone to make more sense of this!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by jockrogers View Post
    Hi I am researching my family and have come upon a link that indicates my grandfather was born in Raglan Barracks circa 1876, he states in personal documents that his father was a sergeant in the Devonshire Regt,
    current information held,
    name, William Henry Rogers born Devenport, Raglan Barracks circa 1876 ( he was 36 years old in 1912)
    parents, William Rogers and Mary McLean,
    any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated
    Regards,, John A Rogers.
    John, I think we share the same grandfather. I’d love to speak to you to learn more.

no problems Frazer, it seems that we are related, now to work out which uncle of mine you are related to, uncle Robert, or Uncle Alex,, if you like you can contact me on jock.rogers.49 {at} gmail.com I would love to have a yarn with you.
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 20-09-2019 at 11:05 AM. Reason: email address deactivated as per TOC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12