Thread: Coetzer Family

Starting to feel at home

Smile Coetzer Family

Hi there,

I'm on Findmypast but this doesn't stretch to South Africa and I'm wondering if anyone would poss be able to do an SA look up for me? Birth and marriage entries and possibly being able to look further back?

I'm looking for records for the family of Philippus Hendrik Coetzer. He was born 14 Dec 1924 in Klerksdorp, North-West, South Africa. In 1974 he married Lucia Iolanda Griselda Palazzo in South Africa somewhere. (He died in London in 1993).

Would love to find his birth and marriage entry and his parents/grandparents entries if at all poss?

BW,
    PascalePC

Starting to feel at home

PS. Also it would be good to find a birth record for a Beatrice Minnaar, born around 1902 (+/- 3yrs?) in Transvaal, South Africa. She married Antonio Palazzo around the 1920s, (possibly in East London) in South Africa. And any family she had further back? I'm not sure if anyone is able to help, but it would be great if it's possible!

You might like to read this thread.

A quick look on Family Search reveals what could well be one of the marriages you are after

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61...186&cc=1935348

Sadly South African marriage registers don't give information on parents
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Famous for offering help & advice

FamilySearch has the marriage of Beatrice C Minnaar to Antonio Palaggo (sic) in 1932

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q23Q-NBSV

unfortunately no additional family names

crossposted with #3

Famous for offering help & advice

yesterday when I googled the name Lucia Iolanda Griselda Palazzo I found a pdf document in Italian which appeared to have the names of other members of the Palazzo family, though my Italian isn't good enough to work out the context

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    You might like to read this thread.

A quick look on Family Search reveals what could well be one of the marriages you are after

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61...186&cc=1935348

Sadly South African marriage registers don't give information on parents
    Hi Sue! This is great! Thank you. Thanks for the link to the other thread too - I'm going to get stuck in later!

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    yesterday when I googled the name Lucia Iolanda Griselda Palazzo I found a pdf document in Italian which appeared to have the names of other members of the Palazzo family, though my Italian isn't good enough to work out the context
    Thanks, Wimsey, for your search and for the heads up about the Google find! That PDF looks like a cemetery plot. I've got the names of Lucia's sisters already, but it's an interesting document! Thanks

There’s a set of books by Heese & Lombard that list South African Family genealogies. Try your local library, they may have them. They were invaluable when I was sorting out my Mother’s side of the family.

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    There’s a set of books by Heese & Lombard that list South African Family genealogies. Try your local library, they may have them. They were invaluable when I was sorting out my Mother’s side of the family.
    Thanks, Lesley. I will enquire!