Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Michaela

Quote Originally Posted by KathNZ View Post
    Ok, you probably have this –
    Ernest gives his address as Beach Villas, Sea St, Herne Bay on his military record.

His family isn’t there in 1911 but another Lee family is - Edward a grinder of cutlery with his wife and several children.

This Edward can be found in 1891 along with his son a 13 year old Ernest born in Eastborne living in Lenham, Kent.
    Yep thats our Ernest. The story is that Annie grew up with aunts for the first few years of life. I always wondered about Sovinier Lee who is in that household with Edward in 1911 - could that be Annie? Same year of birth but couldnt find her on FreeBMD. I checked Stephen incase this was also Eddie but his birth certificate shows Edward as his father.

I never got anywhere with that so wondered whether Elizabeth had sisters.

I think the youngest daughter is Lavinia Lee according to the GRO website she was born 1910, Dover - mother's maiden name Brown the same as Stephen's.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quick response LEE & SCAMP are known Romany surnames and we'll. Some of the families are well documented.

Google surname and add Romany. Dare I write rootschat has a Romany section with some dedicated Romany members

Got some painting to do so will look in later

Michaela

I think the youngest daughter is Lavinia Lee according to the GRO website she was born 1910, Dover - mother's maiden name Brown the same as Stephen's.
    That's the one. It just seems so bizzare that I can't find her.

Lavinia Lee GRO ref 1910 Dover Vol 2a page 1055 mmn Brown

Michaela

Lavinia Lee GRO ref 1910 Dover Vol 2a page 1055 mmn Brown
    Sorry I meant it's weird I can't find Annie. It's so frustrating! I've tried looking in romany sites but with so little to go on with Elizabeth and James it's almost impossible.

Just trying to get to grips with this Ernest Lee b 1888 Eastbourne

9 West Street Cottage Lenham
    RG13; Piece: 771; Folio: 36; Page: 2
    Edward Lee 42
    Amelia Lee 43
    Margarete Lee 77
    Emath Lee 13 Eastbourne
    Mary Ann Lee 25
    Dealia Lee 8
    Gon Lee 11
    Rosa Lee 7
    Choraty Lee 4
    Christiann Lee 3

Edward Lee’s ‘wife’ Amelia in 1901 appears to be the Amelia Brown, daughter of Charity Brown in 1871. I can’t find them in any other census records.
    In 1891 Amelia’s daughter Mary Ann is aged 25 - born Chatham, Kent. I can’t help thinking that she is a good match for Edward’s wife in 1911. Did he ‘marry’ his step daughter ?

Her step-father is Ernest Lee b. 1888 in Eastbourne. I found Annie's mother by looking at his marriages -
    Elizabeth M A Lee b. 1882 and died 1940 in Faversham. They married in Herne Bay in 1910. On the military record, she is known as Betsy. On the marriage certificate it states Elizabeth's father is James Lee and was an Agricultural Laborer. Other than what was on the marriage certificate, I can't find any records of James. Elizabeth is on the 1939 census with Ernest in Faversham.
    Where did you pick up the additional initials M.A.

Who were the witnesses to the 1910 marriage

Do you have the 1940 death certificate is there any additional family info on this? I just cannot see a relevant dertificate entry

In 1891 Amelia’s daughter Mary Ann is aged 25 - born Chatham, Kent. I can’t help thinking that she is a good match for Edward’s wife in 1911. Did he ‘marry’ his step daughter ?
    Think she married Samuel Smith

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast